pics of rare soundtracks ......

2»

Comments

• I can't download it right now at this computer but you're right. I was watching the show the other day and that version is radical. Ha, did you record this from the series? You're as freaky as me!

• mang, on that "starsky & hutch" shit I hear what is the best way to use a fuckin' moog....

yeah I'm lookin for that Murph the Surf, also that other lp on tamla/motown that contains the theme for mean johnny barrows. never heard of stiletto though

as brilliant as "pelham" is "MCQ" by elmer bernstein

raw funky stuff straight from the mastertapes,
    issued for the first time by FSM !

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    What really caught my eye from those CD's was this movie, which I had never heard of, and was like :

Plot Summary for

The Last Rebel (1971)

It's 1865 in Missouri and the Civil War has just ended. Reb soldiers Hollis and Matt flee from Union soldiers that want to imprison them. Hollis then frees a black man named Duncan from a lynching and they become a trio. Later when Holllis wins a lot of money at the pool table and Matt doesn't get any, the two soldiers become enemies. This leads to a showdown between Hollis and Duncan against Matt and the men he has brought in to get that money.

Sounds great, Joe.

An online review calls it a terd but cites the soundtrack as interesting - although, it says, the Western film scenes "don't match up with all that loud rock music."

So what the hell does it sound like?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    speakin of records, anyone knows this one ? I just found today, but still didn't have the chance to listen to it

Yes - that's a not very good rock record. However - there are some open drums on there. Can't remember if they're nice or not as it's been years since I've heard it - but from what I can remember - nope, not good.

• What really caught my eye from those CD's was this movie, which I had never heard of, and was like :

Plot Summary for
    The Last Rebel (1971)
    It's 1865 in Missouri and the Civil War has just ended. Reb soldiers Hollis and Matt flee from Union soldiers that want to imprison them. Hollis then frees a black man named Duncan from a lynching and they become a trio. Later when Holllis wins a lot of money at the pool table and Matt doesn't get any, the two soldiers become enemies. This leads to a showdown between Hollis and Duncan against Matt and the men he has brought in to get that money.

Sounds great, Joe.

An online review calls it a terd but cites the soundtrack as interesting - although, it says, the Western film scenes "don't match up with all that loud rock music."
    So what the hell does it sound like?

loud rock music ?
    not really....what you got is psych brass, percussive piano riffing and a great, crisp rhythm section, spiced with some noisy guitar noodling here and there..

this project involved Jon Lord, and this is the main reason of the reissue, marketable to deep purple fans & completists

but it is definitively an above-average soundtrack and seems to have a cult following around:

I remember someone here on soulstrut referring as his favourite ost

and you can find an enthusiastic review here: http://www.blaxploitation.com/s_229.html

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    mang, on that "starsky & hutch" shit I hear what is the best way to use a fuckin' moog....

I'm pretty sure that's not a Moog, but Tom Scott playing the lyricon:

Many years ago I saw this crime/detective movie, noticed that Elmer did the soundtrack, thought that I was going to find it, and have never ever seen a trace of it anywhere since. Could this be MCQ? Where do I get my hands on these Elmer thangs from the vaults on vinyl? Euro sites are preffered, don't want to pay import tax. I want to get that Pelham too. So i guess Show & AG sampled it directly from the movie on "Hard To Kill"?

On another note: Strider, do you realize that your avatar placeholder links to an image that resides on your own harddisk? c:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Andrea/Documenti/Immagini/images.2.jpg cannot be seen by anyone but yourself. You have to link to an image on the web if you want the rest of the world to be able to see what's in your private mindgarden

• This one is nice. My OG has a slightly diff. cover though.

• mang, on that "starsky & hutch" shit I hear what is the best way to use a fuckin' moog....

I'm pretty sure that's not a Moog, but Tom Scott playing the lyricon:

Many years ago I saw this crime/detective movie, noticed that Elmer did the soundtrack, thought that I was going to find it, and have never ever seen a trace of it anywhere since. Could this be MCQ? Where do I get my hands on these Elmer thangs from the vaults on vinyl? Euro sites are preffered, don't want to pay import tax. I want to get that Pelham too. So i guess Show & AG sampled it directly from the movie on "Hard To Kill"?

On another note: Strider, do you realize that your avatar placeholder links to an image that resides on your own harddisk? c:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Andrea/Documenti/Immagini/images.2.jpg cannot be seen by anyone but yourself. You have to link to an image on the web if you want the rest of the world to be able to see what's in your private mindgarden

ah ah ah, I forgot the avatar thing, actually that is a friend of mine hard disk, we put something random when I first signed and I forgot to fix it since, now I wrote the exact web address, should be workin now.........thanks for remind me that

those osts on cds are much difficult to come by than one could it imagine....

.....something I purchased by FSM magazine, some in stores all around italy, some on e-bay, by trades ,etc

these are the best sites

www.moviegrooves.com

www.filmscoremonthly.com

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Cool. I already had moviegrooves booked from the Music Library thread. Looks like everything is mostly on cd .

Hey, you're a chef!

• Yes - that's a not very good rock record. However - there are some open drums on there. Can't remember if they're nice or not as it's been years since I've heard it - but from what I can remember - nope, not good.

Post Toastee is great. Tommy Bolin was a great guitarist, Teaser is a much better record.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    whats this doing on moviegrooves page?

http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/mindmechanicsennicee.htm

pretty hilarious.