Marley Marl in Scratch (Bitter Old Head Related)

emyndemynd 830 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
He says some funny ass, bitter ish in this interview, the least of which not being:"Everything I did for 'My Melody' was all thought up in my brain."Not two sentences later he says "It was an interpolation of 'Rising to the Top.'"Funny ish. He also doesn't dig for records any more nor does he bother chopping em up. He's got lil dudes that do all that remedial stuff for him. Silliness.-e

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

"Everything I did for 'My Melody' was all thought up in my brain."

Not two sentences later he says "It was an interpolation of 'Rising to the Top.'"

That real schitt!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    He also doesn't dig for records any more

Neither do I... at least once my girl is fully trained up, I'll juts send her digging and sit at home.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    I noticed that too when I read the piece... Like huh!? Need another post:

Stupid sh*t Producers say!!!

• When I read that I don't think it's two separate thoughts and just how it reads makes it seems "funny". Plus it depends on of the writer is writing verbatim or editing/paraphrasing like most writers tend to do. I don't know how many times I've been "edited" into saying something "stupid"...or a misrepresentation of my point. Not to say that writers do it on purpose but it definitley happens...

• JpegJpeg 20 Posts
    alot of top producers get peeps to dig for them.

• He also doesn't dig for records any more

Neither do I... at least once my girl is fully trained up, I'll juts send her digging and sit at home.

That is definately