Mastering in the Bay Area

ootoot 38 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
any suggestions on engineers in the bay area for full length projects (cds & vinyl). i'm familiar with ken lee, but that's about it. holla-OOOOOOTS

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    i thought this was about how to master the bay area.

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    Ken Lee is my man.Not super cheap,but not to expensive either.His resume is very impressive, from bay area rap and soul classics down to his affiliation with Fantasy studios.

Chris

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Ken Lee is my man.Not super cheap,but not to expensive either.His resume is very impressive, from bay area rap and soul classics down to his affiliation with Fantasy studios.

Chris

And also Paul Stubblefield at Hyde Street. He's not cheap, but he knows what he's doing. He's been there since the Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane recorded there.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Word - Ken Lee is absolutely the best option for the money.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    paul stubblebine at coast recorders on mission street across the street from the old guitar center...

he was the guy that did all the Sons (of Champlain) records, has been in the game since the 60s. good dude...

• John Cuniberti at The Plant in Sausalito. Pricey too. Not really feeling Ken Lee's stuff as of recent (ie. Hieroglyphics 3rd Eye Vision, Little Brother don't sound too good). I think he's the best at doing Bay Area rap. Don't fuck with George Horn. He' a legend but he's slipping. My boy got his record done there and it was weak. Mr, Toads is cheaper. Never heard any of their stuff though. They'll master a song for free for you to see how you like it.

• paul stubblebine

(hand over them reels)

• ootoot 38 Posts
    word, word. good looking out on all the suggestions. anyone have contact info for ken lee? homepiss is off the internet charts. found mr toads without a prob.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    mu boy n.o. joe uses someone from cali. i think it's called oasis or something like that. he say's that the shit! for the money.

www.thecraftbeats.com