PERUVIAN FOOD APPRECIATION

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
theres some delicious peruvian food in this here city. appreciate it. i always have a control group when i try new food. my control is pollo saltado.this is actually mariscos saltado but same idea. meat, onions and veggies and french fries mixed up. the shit is tasty and i had me some peruvian fast food saltado today and it was mighty fine as well.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Wash it down with Inca Cola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

!

Re fucking diculously Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fucking licious!!!!!!!!!!!!

/OH face!

right? how would you describe the taste tho? i mean, it aint really cola. i couldve sworn the place i went to today had it on tap, but i didnt order it so i dont know. they also had some purple corn drink. ever have that?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Peruvian Food is good! yummmmmmm.....

CABEZAZ VERDADERAZ SABEN EL DEALIO

that Peruvian punch is radd!

that purple corn stuff? hmmm, i shall try next time...

It's made of corn?

Inca Cola tastes like liquid bubblegum. It makes kick ass mixed drinks too!

It's made of corn?

according to choza mama the fast food peruvian joint i went to today. but its in one of those drink contraptions that constantly shoots drink up to the top of some vat thingy, you know like them old skool kmart orange whizz bang joints. im not a big fan of those things so i passed.

and non, touche. good call. bubblegum. i was gonna say japanese candy flavor, but bubblegum is much better.

Corn or not, it's good. try it!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

but its in one of those drink contraptions that constantly shoots drink up to the top of some vat thingy, you know like them old skool kmart orange whizz bang joints.

Those are dope. The ghetto Mexican spot I always eat luch at has those full of Horchata and the Tamarind drink. The Tamarind drink is too sweet for me, but the Horchata is delicious!

HA!

aesthetically pleasing and the constant water spout thing is soothing. but i have this theory that them things are made from powder drink cuz that its in constant motion leads me to believe that if it just sat there, the ingredients would seperate out.

hmmm, im thinking about this too much. anyways, im not wholly against it, i likes me some of that jamaica [hibiscus fruit punch].

also, there is this salvadorean spot in the mission on 16th and valencia next door to skylark i think. never eaten there but they make their own horchata and that shit is good!

• sergserg 682 Posts
    man there is this spanish and peruvian spot down the street from me(geary & van ness) that got some dope ass pescado saltado. peruvian food is grubalicious

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    hell yea!!!! I love that really dry rice with that spinach and beef stuff on it.

my neighbors were peruvian and i had that stuff a couple times. DELICIOUS.

• Mario's on Melrose can't be beat.
    and if you didn't know Mario is the little asian dude that rocks the tinted prescription lenses.

• BigNachoBigNacho 47 Posts
    i love that artery clogging peruvian food. when the grim reaper comes to take me, he's gonna have to pry me away from a huge plate of lomo saltado and a two liter bottle of inca cola over at don felix on the corner of fountain and virgil in east hollywood.

• Mi Lindo Peru. Mission right past Valencia. Lunch time the time. Pescdo saltado, with fried potatoes, onions, tomatoes. Huge ass plate for like 6 bucks!