what do you think of....

Comments

• Nice place to eat mushrooms. Olympic Rainforest only a couple hours north...

I have lived in the 206 on and off since 1985. It is a great city, but on the small side. The good is that if you live in the schitt, you can walk, bus, cab, anywhere you need to be in less than 20 min. The bad is that when I'm out I think I know everyone.

As far as boring goes, I don't know what people need to keep interested, but there is more than enough of a local art, music, film scene to keep me happy almost any night of the week, as well as all the pro sports (sorry hockey). When the weather is good, you can ski, boat, hike, bike, etc in fairly isolated wilderness/mountain/water only about 45min to 1hr outside the downtown core.

Other highlights are coffee, bookstores, educated population, and close proximity to Vancouver B.C. the Amsterdam of North America. Yes, weather can suck, but after a week in Chicago for Thanksgiving, this is a paradise in the winter and summer. During the summer months, I would rank this as one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

Come visit again Oliver, I'm sure we could show you a good time.

Btw, saw Curt Kirkwood from Meat Puppets play solo acoustic last night for $8 to a crowd of about 25 people. Pretty nice. First show of the tour and I think he's headed south down the W. Coast.

Peace,
    Cortez

• "The first producer you think of when you think of Seattle."

Sorry to break it to you dog, but regardless were you move it's 206 for life.

Who is this guy? When I think of rap music from Seattle, I think of CHILLY UPTOWN! "I got rules" Foll!
    Yeah I heard one of them folls from CHILLY UPTOWN is hommies with one of these guys.

• We also like to do some of this on occasion

There are some serious heads up here. Not all of Seattle is soft.

Peace,
    Cortez

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    those puca shells look fresh!

• That was def not the puca shell era.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Mad rain, high quality weed (even though I don't smoke) and shrooms, beautiful ladies, a lot of trees (not weed), coffee, and folls who act weird like magic_jackson .

I've considered moving back to the Northwest but more like 10 years from now. For the record, I never lived in the 206 but the 253 (Ft. Lewis/Tacoma)

Mad rain, high quality weed (even though I don't smoke) and shrooms, beautiful ladies, a lot of trees (not weed), coffee, and folls who act weird like magic_jackson .

I've considered moving back to the Northwest but more like 10 years from now. For the record, I never lived in the 206 but the 253 (Ft. Lewis/Tacoma)
    spanaway represent!

spanaway represent!
    yes sir, headz that are real do know the deal. but is olympia better than spanaway?

• folls who act weird like magic_jackson

Yeah cuz that foll is from the Westside.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

When did you live in the 253? I grew up in Tacoma and went to school there. Do you remember Penny Lane records in Lakewood? Do you remeber when old school legend DJ Whiz Kid used to DJ in Lakewood every weekend? Ezell's chicken? Joon's gift store?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    RADD

I might be visiting y'all soon

-M

When did you live in the 253? I grew up in Tacoma and went to school there. Do you remember Penny Lane records in Lakewood? Do you remeber when old school legend DJ Whiz Kid used to DJ in Lakewood every weekend? Ezell's chicken? Joon's gift store?
    Chan, I was there from 2000 to this past February. Call me fradulent but I have never[/b] heard of any of those places/people. Must of been before my time.

folls who act weird like magic_jackson

Yeah cuz that foll is from the Westside.
    So that's his excuse? I KEED, I KEED!

RADD

I might be visiting y'all soon

-M

Let a foll know when you'll be here. We'll go eat & go shopping. I'll let the hoes at the strip club know you're on the way!

only if you prefer girls with this...

to this...

Chan, I was there from 2000 to this past February. Call me fradulent but I have
    never[/b] heard of any of those places/people. Must of been before my time.

Yep, before your time youngster. All those spots were poppin' in the 80s. Where did you live? On base at Ft. Lewis?

only if you prefer girls with this...

to this...

I met a girl out there with a beard (seriously).

Dude, how often do you change your avatar?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    now you got me shook

Chan, I was there from 2000 to this past February. Call me fradulent but I have
    never[/b] heard of any of those places/people. Must of been before my time.

Yep, before your time youngster. All those spots were poppin' in the 80s. Where did you live? On base at Ft. Lewis?
    I stayed on Ft. Lewis.
    Yep, before your time youngster. All those spots were poppin' in the 80s.

• You on the Eastside?

Cortez

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

...and when I was a kid, trying to figure out what the fuck a "seahawk" was...

• My friend lives in Olympia, it's very small and not too much happening. Plus, it will take you an hour to get to Seattle (without traffic). During rush hour, forget it, traffic here is nasty.

Peace,
    Cortez

Dude, how often do you change your avatar?
    lately, 2-3times a day... but i'll stick with the parent trap duo for a minute. i'm rockin' steady to the muro reggae breaks mix at work... jesus christ!

• You on the Eastside?

Cortez
    Well Born "N" Razed in Skyway. Southend. But currently am out in Renton till me and wifey get into a house.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

1969 Seattle Pilots, pre Brewers I think?

• Move on up to the Westside!

Peace,
    Cortez

• But what ya'll know about this.
    Danny & Carter.

aka Supreme and b-boy Fever-one.

My friend lives in Olympia, it's very small and not too much happening. Plus, it will take you an hour to get to Seattle (without traffic). During rush hour, forget it, traffic here is nasty.

Peace,
    Cortez
    Yes, that was my dilemma living in that area, as well.

Speaking of bad traffic, one time I took a trip from Ft. Lewis to Vancouver, B.C and a three hour trip turned into a 5 and a half hour one.

Who is this guy?

I think he used to DJ for Digital Underground.

(Jake, how many times have you heard that since you moved out here?)

Who is this guy?

I think he used to DJ for Digital Underground.

(Jake, how many times have you heard that since you moved out here?)

couple people came up to me at the bay rap summit "damn homey I ain't seen you in awhile!". Then they realize I'm not Fuze. Tecumseh where the hell you get that pic??? Dee Rock is goin to bug off that one.