U MP3 fannies... Record ur records 2 MP3...

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Plz, someone tell me where this all is headed... I'm waiting on the 2005 "Keep It Real" Anthem Fukking belt tho??? Like does anyone use belt anymore??? Shit looks kinda fugly

Comments

• THE TEAC IS AN EXCELLENT RECORDER FOR TRANSFERING YOUR OLD 45 78AND 331/3 LP TO CD.I HAD BEEN USING A JVC CD RECORDER,BUT I FOUND THE SENSITIVITY TO BE TOO LOW.THIS MACHINE MACHINE DOES IT ALL.THERE USED TO BE SOME PRODUCTS THAT DID THE TRANFER WITH VERY GOOD NOISE REDUCTION.THIS SET IS ONLY GOOD AT REMOVING NEEDLE SCRATCHES.IF YOU NEED BETTER YOU WOULD NEED PROFESSIONAL EQUIPMENT THAT CAN CAN MAKE A SCRATCHY RECORD SOUND LIKE A GOOD CD/ THIS MACHINE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.I WISH THE PRICE WOULD COME DOWN A BIT

• I need one of these, at the moment I record in the following way...

Vinyl--->MD--->CD--->mp3 via my iBook G4

Takes waaay too long,this looks a good solution

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

looks like someone desperately needs an iMic (at least).

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Totally. Mao-man: get thee to a griffin imic. They should be less than $20 these days.

Oliver

• Vinyl--->MD--->CD--->mp3 via my iBook G4

Totally. Mao-man: get thee to a griffin imic. They should be less than $20 these days.

Oliver

I was thinking about getting an iMic, but thought some peeps here had problems with the audio quality, if they are ok I'll grip one straight away

Oliver

I was thinking about getting an iMic, but thought some peeps here had problems with the audio quality, if they are ok I'll grip one straight away

mine sucks

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Fukking belt tho??? Like does anyone use belt anymore???

ehhhhh.....yes, every manufacturer of high end, audiophile turntables uses belt drive systems. Useless as a DJ tool though.

• Vinyl--->MD--->CD--->mp3 via my iBook G4

Oliver

mine sucks

That was the impression I had from people, any good alternatives in the sub $200/??100 price range ?

Oliver

mine sucks

That was the impression I had from people, any good alternatives in the sub $200/??100 price range ?

On sale for $89 on the musician's friend website.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Oliver

mine sucks

On sale for $89 on the musician's friend website.

HOT! anyone with experience with it?

• I find it pretty easy to connect the headphone jack of my stereo receiver to the "line in" of my pc and record straight into cooledit, and save as mp3.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've never had problems with the iMic. I'd be curious to know what other folks have run into?

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

$89 is a great price. I won mine about 6 months ago for 120.

It's a solid, no frills unit - easy to use, nice and quiet, decent selections of ins and outs, runs on a USB I use mine for rec'ing mics w/ an XLR input, and records w/ RCA input from my mixer. This is where you'll discover that your limiting factor is either your worn out needles, or your mixer - cause it def won't be this box.

In my case, my mixer produces quite a bit of extra line noise, but I can live with it. If I wanted to be an audio nerd (and I kinda do) I'd fork over some change for a really nice preamp, not the basic integrated Technics one I've got right now, and record all my vinyl rips through that via the Audiophile...super clean.

• I'm surprised anyone here records into their 1/8" mic in... that is just a recipe for a shitty transfer... get an i/o... I happen to have a MOTU 828 for multitracking... it sounds awesome... but you can get a great stereo i/o for cheap... so why would you do something like hooking from a headphone out to a 1/8 mic in... ugh, Otis I would've expected more from you

I find it pretty easy to connect the headphone jack of my stereo receiver to the "line in" of my pc and record straight into cooledit, and save as mp3.

iBooks have no line, can't use Cooledit (natively) and that's not the move period.

• The 'mic in' would definitely be terrible, i tried that, but the 'line in' has given me surprisingly good results, as good as a cd to my ears.

If I need higher fidelity than that, I'll just listen to the record.

Also, I don't use my records for sampling.