SSW

2»

Comments

• your right i am being a bag of dicks. terry reid river is a really great record. that is on my mellow 1991 mix. i seriosuly need to talk to you fools about the black man 2006. the black man is not music by black people. it is a mix that is devoted to occult, depressing and dark singer-songwriter types mostly honkies. they are all caught up in some witchcraft shit. if you still want it let me know.

ap

Word. Let's hear it. Might Father Yod be making an appearance?

• your right i am being a bag of dicks. terry reid river is a really great record. that is on my mellow 1991 mix. i seriosuly need to talk to you fools about the black man 2006. the black man is not music by black people. it is a mix that is devoted to occult, depressing and dark singer-songwriter types mostly honkies. they are all caught up in some witchcraft shit. if you still want it let me know.

ap

Um, can newjacks get in on this? You had me at occult. Sounds dope.

Never had heard of Terry Reid until I saw "Devil's Rejects". The three songs Rob Zombie used on there are

• new jacks are cool but i got to make the mix and all that shit. it is more like a spring 2006 thing. maybe summer 2007. maybe... i will let you folls know when it drops.

• OH DAMN

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    eats a bag of dicks

somebody's stealing my item descriptions...

the mystery of alhambra was revealed to me by a lapsed strutter mere minutes ago, but I was sworn to secrecy.

yes, vince martin is ultra-listenable.

---

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

the mystery of alhambra was revealed to me by a lapsed strutter mere minutes ago, but I was sworn to secrecy.

---

hints?

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    Have you checked that Paul Pena documentary "Genghis Blues"?

yes - that is quite solid. dude (r.i.p.) learned how to throat singer with the best of them.

how's the pena record?

• the mystery of alhambra was revealed to me by a lapsed strutter mere minutes ago, but I was sworn to secrecy.

I always figured it was this guy:

Seller: t*******n (A S*****n - alhambra, CA United States)

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

me too

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

me too

It is not Tom Sherman

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    OH DAMN

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

It is not Tom Sherman

I support this statement.

Alhambra, how's TX?

• you think he is actually going to respond? give me a break. he gets to much pleasure blowing your mind with his disgusting ass collection. i should have been smart like him and kept my mouth shut and just posted rare records instead. then i would not be addicted to this website like the rest of you. shoot me now.

ap

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Why does Alhambra have to be a "he"? I like to think she looks like Ashley Judd.

• great list.

only problem she is a jazz singer and not a soul singer. but whatever. the record sucks aZz. soulstrut today: records that suck. discuss.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I see you.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

Tender as fuck. Minimal, layered, repetitive, dark, echolaliac, whispering male/female vocals.

I picked up two records by a band called STEM. The name of this record is Slender Tree, Bird, Deer. 1976. The other record, with an almost identical cover (which has a different stained glass depiction) is called Angel, Rabbit, Birds in Flora. 1977.

Two private releases from Barstow, California. Both credited to J. Hopkins and S. Watkins. The jackets are printed on a thick construction paper-like material. Didn't hold up too well over the years. Records have no inner dust jackets. Took a beating, but still play.

All the songs on the Slender Tree record are about plans. Or, have the word "plan" in the title. The second side is dominated by "Make Your Own Plans." The track soars for a good 5 minutes before the two (or is it three?) start singing. Sounds like a home recording, but the best kind of home recording.