this looks cool

2»

Comments

• Taking issue with someone[/b] Asking to be sonned? C'mon.. Ridiculous shit.

Mellow out, man. Grope is a good guy and entitled to his opinions. Nothing he said is at all offensive and deserving of such vitriol.

I gather he's a good guy, but why hate on something then ask to be taken to task for it?
    Sometimes I think he misses the point.
    The book is aimed at people who appreciate design yet he can't see that, so he disses it.
    I love the book, so his statement annoyed me.

The end...

Some of you might appreciate this magazine...http://www.giaguaro.com/

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    Am I the only one who is not excited by library records anymore? 2001-yes, 2006-no
    i still like them. good music is good music. i love soundtracks so library lps are essential...and i can get them for alot cheaper now that the fad has slowed down a bit. more for me

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I gather he's a good guy, but why hate on something then ask to be taken to task for it?
    Sometimes I think he misses the point.
    The book is aimed at people who appreciate design yet he can't see that, so he disses it.
    I love the book, so his statement annoyed me.

The end...

Some of you might appreciate this magazine...http://www.giaguaro.com/

Just for the record: I really didn't know that people buy that book because they are interested in the cover art of library records. I just didn't know! It seemed to be a little too "underground" for me at first. Although, personally, I love library records. I didn't mean to sound harsh or make you believe that I hate on those books. I was just asking what kind of people would buy those books. I have never seen a cover art book like that. I don't know what they write about the records they put in those books. Or if it's just about record photos. I should have asked something like: "Hey, what are those books about? Just photos of record covers? Who buys those books?" So like I said, please excuse my first post in this thread.

I don't even know what "sonned" means exactly. I thought I was saying something like "school me". Or "let me know". I'm not a native speaker, so some of my posts might sound weird!

idiotproof, the stuff you post just pisses me off. You got a bad attitude! The things you said were ridiculous and I hate it when people insult me. It's not the first time you are acting foolish! BTW, I have yet to read a good post about records by you. But never mind me. Like I said. I'm out. I don't need schitt like this. This place changed. I'll keep checking this place for pms though.

Peace!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

From Turntablelab:

Full color, over 200 pages in fitting matte. Hardcover. Did I mention it comes with a CD featuring tracks from the book[/b]?
    Are you pho real?
    yall havent heard all this shit yet? Libraries have been played out for a couple years now.

I haven't heard every record on there, no. However, I just mentioned it because it's a nice little bonus to an already nice book (if you're into record covers, which I am). Sometimes I personally see record covers and want to hear a sample of the music and contrast the two, or think "would I have picked up this record in the feild based off cover?" and then find out if it's good or not. A really great bonus IMO.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    This looks great. I can't find it on TTL (no search function ), where is it? Who is the publisher? Is there a european site carrying this?

• This looks great. I can't find it on TTL (no search function ), where is it? Who is the publisher? Is there a european site carrying this?

Dusty Groove has it too...

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    moviegrooves has it, as does amazon

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Thanks!

• Just for the record: I really didn't know that people buy that book because they are interested in the cover art of library records.

dude..., design nerds even buy books just because they have some photos of david lynchs last dentist visit...

actually, i like the shots of the book, tried amazon (guess its sold out at ttl) its at 49 euros over here. donnu if its worth it, but addicts dont care about prices, dont they?