Dinner Date in NY (NRR)

2»

Comments

• Italian - John's on 12th St. & 2nd Ave. (so OG they don't take credit cards) sit in the back near the big ass candle.

Indian - Bombay Dining on 6th St. & 2nd Ave. The food is usually best on the block, but go for the music alone.

Burgers - Paul's on 2nd Ave & St, Marks - get the texas burger but tell them the egg has to be over medium.

Romanian - Sammy's (someone bless him with the address) solid food and the music is bonkers on Friday night.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Indian - Bombay Dining on 6th St. & 2nd Ave. The food is usually best on the block, but go for the music alone.

This whole block is butt dawg, and you don't think they all have the same kitchen?! The music is kind of relaxing though.

There's some good turkish around Manhattan, but in general the rules are:
    above 72nd St - overpriced crap
    23rd to 72nd overpriced gourmet
    Canal to 23rd, lots of small, non-flashy, yet excellent spots, mixed in with some NYU student crap.
    Below Canal - overpriced stockbroker crap.

Queens is next level. Bronx next nextlevel coz you'll never go there just to eat. Brooklyn is usually overpriced if you want to eat somewhere in a nice neighborhood. I'm sure Staten Island has the best pizza but I've never been there looking.

• Queens is next level. Bronx next nextlevel coz you'll never go there just to eat. Brooklyn is usually overpriced if you want to eat somewhere in a nice neighborhood. I'm sure Staten Island has the best pizza but I've never been there looking.

that's all well & good, but even with a car I don't think my man is trying to do a Warrior's style trek thru the 5 Boros.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    like steak???

best filet mignon in the city:

Sosa Borella
    Greenwich St., Tribeca

I worked there until this June, and a slight warning...

The head chef left this spring (to start his own place) and the former husband of the current owner was more quality-minded and has not been involved for a year or 2. He runs the one in the Theater district.

That said, its still gonna be very good and reasonably priced. Their filet is quite good and they aren't making money on the steaks because they pay almost what they charge you. Honestly, you put some of their chimichurri on cardboard and I will eat it.

• alternatives to hours of sitting prefered.

How about hours of kneeling? If so, I'm sure Paycheck has a job for you!

Herm