the clipse- the funeral 12"

66666666 29 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
The clipse debut single was a single in 99' called "the funeral"it was also the title of album that got shelved as Elektra wasn't satisfied with it somehow. This was before the "Lord willin" albumNow i searched the net 4 more info on this single because it's never mentionedthat it got released commercially.Was it promo only or TEST PRESS ? Anyone who knows?

Comments

• i saw a test press of this the other day but left it at the store. i've been regretting it since. is the song good?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    The clipse debut single was a single in 99' called "the funeral"

it was also the title of album that got shelved as Elektra wasn't satisfied with it somehow.

This was before the "Lord willin" album

Now i searched the net 4 more info on this single because it's never mentioned

that it got released commercially.

Was it promo only or TEST PRESS ? Anyone who knows?

yeah man. Actually though its not that good. I think i remember a video too.

Where is this never mentioned though?

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    It's OK, but not as good as the best tracks on Lord Willin'. I think test press only, but I'm sure it's not that hard to find.

• 66666666 29 Posts
    Whether it's hard to find or not. I dug up a copy at this recordstore that i wanted to go for a looooong time. I got lucky again.
    I was after the CHINO XL- KREEP 12" for like 5 or 6 years.I'm happy as hell
    The Dwellas-the last shall be first LP (PROMO VERSION)and the clipse 12"
    Actually i found thiz by accident since i'm starting to collect hiphop test press
    vinyl. I was curious so i bought it without the fact that this was their first 12"

Still i doubt this is test press only!!!

• debardebar 215 Posts
    it's not hard to find at all, i saw at least 5 sitting in different dollar bins this summer.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

yeah man. Actually though its not that good. I think i remember a video too.
    That video was .

• Was it promo only or TEST PRESS ? Anyone who knows?

There is an official release. I've got it.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The full length it was supposed to be on has been bootlegged a few times on vinyl and CD

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    The full length it was supposed to be on has been bootlegged a few times on vinyl and CD

I believe you can find it as "Lost Tracks" or something?

Please to release new Clipse album this year, okay Skateboard P ???? Pretty plaese?

• I've always liked this record.

• awallawall 673 Posts

this is the one that i have

the album as a whole was a little disappointing. their whole style (and the neptunes production style as well) wasn't really quite formed yet. there are still some good tracks though. "feel like me" is my jam. i'm still trying to remember what mid 90s joint the hook his ripped from (?)

there is also a 12" for "been caught dealin"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Whether it's hard to find or not. I dug up a copy at this recordstore that i wanted to go for a looooong time. I got lucky again.
    I was after the CHINO XL- KREEP 12" for like 5 or 6 years.I'm happy as hell
    The Dwellas-the last shall be first LP (PROMO VERSION)and the clipse 12"
    Actually i found thiz by accident since i'm starting to collect hiphop test press
    vinyl. I was curious so i bought it without the fact that this was their first 12"

Still i doubt this is test press only!!!

So you were looking for a random chino xl 12", the second cella dwellas album, and the clipse 12"?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

So you were looking for a random chino xl 12", the second cella dwellas album, and the clipse 12"?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    You'll have no problem finding the Clipse 12". I personally think that song blew major ass. The video was in black and white and they both had shaved heads....dude was rapping on top of a Lexus GS 400. That's all I got.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

or "Exclusive Audio Footage"