Freestyle Music

2»

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    There was this other record all those DJs used to play in the clubs all the time back then and I never could find it.
    It was some mix with the Jackson 5 "I Want You Back" and the drums from "You'll Like It Too".
    Does anyone know this???

I think that might have been something of Fatboy Slim's, back when he was doing remixes under the name Double Trouble. He did a remix of "I Know You Got Soul" that used part of "I Want You Back", so someone at Motown over here got him to do a legit remix of the Jackson 5 track, and he used the "You'll Like It Too" drums on it. It was a pop hit over here as well, around 1988/89, which would have been when the freestyle stuff was happening in NY, I expect. It turns up in charity shops over here on the regular.

• I think that might have been something of Fatboy Slim's, back when he was doing remixes under the name Double Trouble. He did a remix of "I Know You Got Soul" that used part of "I Want You Back", so someone at Motown over here got him to do a legit remix of the Jackson 5 track, and he used the "You'll Like It Too" drums on it. It was a pop hit over here as well, around 1988/89, which would have been when the freestyle stuff was happening in NY, I expect. It turns up in charity shops over here on the regular.

That sounds like that could be it! 88/89 was certainly right around the time I always used to hear it.
    If you can post an mp3 or just find a copy of it, please do & I will compensate somehow in the from of a trade, etc. PM me and we can work something out. Please!!
    Thanks!

p