Zombies - Odessey and Oracle - THE FUCKING ZOMBIES!!!!

2»

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    word, i love that record. the melodies they wrote were ingenious and so so gorgeous. like robert wyatt, some people are just born with a gift for melody and it makes me so fucking jealous.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    having it on vinyl is nice but if nothing else by all means get the cd...comes with nice extras.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I'm still fascinated you guys all seem to consider this a classic. First Soulstrut consensus evar!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    So it might be interesting to see exactly WHERE this new-found interest in this Album started.

looks like it was already answered...

wes anderson.

I don't know about the rest of you fucking morons but I learned about this record through old head rock dudes.

I don't like the attitude in this thread

bye

hm.. im pretty sure i'm the only one in this thread that even mentioned wes anderson. why does this automatically mean he is repsonsible for the whole zombies 'craze' ?

regardless.. like JP stated earlier

But really there's no wrong time to "just find this joint".

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    For the tenth time....

it's the new "Pet Sounds" ....or the new "Village Green Preservation Society"...whichever.

What will be the new "Odyssey and Oracle" next year?

so who has the Colin Blunstone solo LPs? I have "Ennismore" but I need the other one, I think it's his first solo one, is it "Year One" or something like that?

"Ennismore" is nearly as dope as "Odyssey & Oracle" IMO.

• For the tenth time....

it's the new "Pet Sounds" ....or the new "Village Green Preservation Society"...whichever.

What will be the new "Odyssey and Oracle" next year?

so who has the Colin Blunstone solo LPs? I have "Ennismore" but I need the other one, I think it's his first solo one, is it "Year One" or something like that?

"Ennismore" is nearly as dope as "Odyssey & Oracle" IMO.

"One Year". And yes, I agree, the solo Blunstone albums are good. Just keep the Argent out of my house.

• merlemerle 39 Posts
    I agree that Wes Anderson is probably the reason for people checking for the Zombies. Kinda like Nick Drake too. Did anyone remember who Nick Drake was 10-15 years ago? I bet you could get his records for 5 or 10 bucks not long ago. Not the case anymore. When is Emmitt Rhodes gonna catch on? He had a track on the Royal Tenenbaums ost didn't he? In an ideal world, the billions of Beatles fans out there would at least have heard of Emmitt Rhodes.

Anyways I've loved the Zombies for years. Give me odyssey and oracle over pet sounds any day of the week.

nick drake has always had a bit of a niche.