BANDWAGON RECORDS OF 2005 (SS FACTOR)

2»

Comments

• and The Whispers on Dore.

• yes.. sorry G**zo. I decided to save my money and try to do damage at the Record Surplus sale instead, probably should have gone to Buena. See you sunday.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Lou Ragland The Conveyor ??? too elusive and too rich for my blood however.

I try to jump on the bandwagon, but my taste keeps me from staying on for very long. I don't hear what's so great about a lot of the whoo-pee-doo records. What???s the big deal with Frank Cunimondo for instance? After a few listens, it???s still some MOR jazz to me.

Right. I'm glad that I got to hear some of these LPs before I went all sight-unseen on their asses.

• People Hold On
    Demon Fuzz
    or am I still living in 2004?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    "An excellent bit of southern funk -- very much in the early mode of Little Beaver, but with a sound that's even harder! James Knight is The Black Knight -- leading a tight little combo with a raw funky 45 sound, heavy on the horns for backing, but with James' guitar right up front in the mix, jamming hard in a way that would have made Hendrix proud! The tracks are a mix of heavy funk numbers and more tripped-out jams -- and Knight's vocals remind us a bit of Charles Wright in the old days, blaring out of the speakers with a bit of distortion and lots of soul, really driving home the quality of the songs. Titles include "Fantasy World", "Save Me", "Flyin High", "Funky Cat", "Uncle Joe", "Cotton Candy", and "Just My Love For You"

Nice one!
    Joi de vivre!
    Sayin though!

We need a "do it like Dusty Groove do" thread, wherein we big-up (or low-ball) some LPs. I've gotta craft mine first, if someone wants to jump in.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    People Hold On
    Demon Fuzz
    or am I still living in 2004?

yes.

• Please to tell the artist on that "Black Knight" album. 'Preciate cha.

James Knight & the Butlers

Thanks. AMG has nothing on these cats. Is it soul or funk or somewhere in between? Either way, I apparently need it.

from dustygroove:

"An excellent bit of southern funk -- very much in the early mode of Little Beaver, but with a sound that's even harder! James Knight is The Black Knight -- leading a tight little combo with a raw funky 45 sound, heavy on the horns for backing, but with James' guitar right up front in the mix, jamming hard in a way that would have made Hendrix proud! The tracks are a mix of heavy funk numbers and more tripped-out jams -- and Knight's vocals remind us a bit of Charles Wright in the old days, blaring out of the speakers with a bit of distortion and lots of soul, really driving home the quality of the songs. Titles include "Fantasy World", "Save Me", "Flyin High", "Funky Cat", "Uncle Joe", "Cotton Candy", and "Just My Love For You"

Funky Cat is on the DJ Miles Funky Sole mix. Which is extremely good. I'd like to hear the more psychedelic stuff.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Gwen Stefani

• KANYE WEST

• We started tgat shit

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

George Guzman,

Latin in general is stupid right now, the funk 45 of 2005 for sure.

haven't people been saying that for the last 5 years?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

George Guzman,

Latin in general is stupid right now, the funk 45 of 2005 for sure.

haven't people been saying that for the last 5 years?

Yeah but now they really mean it.

• What???s the big deal with Frank Cunimondo for instance? After a few listens, it???s still some MOR jazz to me.

I don't get the Cunimundo craze either. The albums I've heard sound like cocktail music. Decent, but far from facemelting. Maybe I just missed the really good ones?

which ones did you listen to?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    cunimondo records are the shit. far better than many much more expensive private press rackords ive heard

• cunimondo records are the shit. far better than many much more expensive private press rackords ive heard

Please report to advice column, young Macktrick.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    What???s the big deal with Frank Cunimondo for instance? After a few listens, it???s still some MOR jazz to me.

I don't get the Cunimundo craze either. The albums I've heard sound like cocktail music. Decent, but far from facemelting. Maybe I just missed the really good ones?
    which ones did you listen to?

Not sure if you???re even asking me but the three that I saw posted. I could only burn w/ Lynn Marino and Sagittarius so I listened to those the most. G Benson, I listened to once over and then gave up. Frank and I are clearly not meant for each other.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Lyn Marino and Sag are the ones.

Sag being the bangier of the two.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

So Im at a gastation on Hollywood the other day, bumping "I love you" by EOU.

This homeless dude walks up to the car and tells me:

"You wont even believe it... I used to date the girl whos singin this song. Back in New York, boy. She was a great girl but she always wanted to act up in public. Somtimes I had to reaar my hand back and SLAP HER ASS BACK INTO REALITY. (at this point he breaks into hysterical laughter that slowly turns to tears) Man, I really do miss that girl.

By the way, im Hollywood Mike. Im the only dead man you'll ever talk to."

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Three Six Mafia "Roll With It"

"Makers, Markahs, cranberry vodka,
    Got a mink coat that's furry like Chewbacca."

that's one of the better songs from the album, but i seem to have missed the discussion about it.

yeah I didn't know anyone was paying attention when I was screaming about it.

that shit's been my anthem since it dropped.

• "I love you" by EOU.

Hollywood Mike was messing with a girl from the Fuzz, as that's who did the tune originally.
    East of Underground is all dudes anyway.

• Frank and I are clearly not meant for each other.

i guess not cause those are some of the best ones (although i like Echoes and Communication about as much).

Lynn's voice and phrasing get me all emu.

• "I love you" by EOU.

Hollywood Mike was messing with a girl from the Fuzz, as that's who did the tune originally.

East of Underground is all dudes anyway.

Dante, out of curiosity did anyone else cover the song?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    The first birthright LP

I had never heard it before and it dun melt my's face off.

That James Butler LP needs to make an apparence in the forum!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I pulled the East Of Underground at the Austin Show out of a Miscellaneous crate last Spring for $10 bucks.....not as good as it used to be, but you can still find stuff at that show!!!

I pulled the East Of Underground at the Austin Show out of a Miscellaneous crate last Spring for $10 bucks.....not as good as it used to be, but you can still find stuff at that show!!!

damn, how did it used to be?

• illl

you guys are scaring me.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

damn, how did it used to be?

Back in the 80's that show was the shit....nothing but vinyl, lots of the old Rockabilly/Doo-Wop dealer crowd that didn't value anything that was post 1962....from a Psych perspective it was stoopid....made a score at almost every table....everything from Perhacs for a buck to sealed Elevators and Josephus for $25.00 a pop.....once the Goldmine Price Guide started listing the obscure and private press it started to go down....I've been at every show since it began and even now that it's gone a little downhill I've NEVER not made at least one big score per show!!

shit. I'm kicking myself for not being 10 years older right now.

• kick away
    shit, the only ARC i went too was fine and dandy. caught all kinds of joints real cheap, maybe not $200 joints, but whatever. wouldve been better if i got some of arizona johns records before anthony and his baby mama backed up the pickup truck.

that hollywood mike story is dope!
    stop nitpicking dante....maybe mike went out witha transexual.