BANDWAGON RECORDS OF 2005 (SS FACTOR)

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
What records made it on many a wants list this year based on the SS factor?SEE ALAHAMBRA

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    More recently, I think that Sidney Owens post creamed more than a few pairs of Z. Cavariccis.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    BOSC*E..

• Three Six Mafia "Roll With It"

"Makers, Markahs, cranberry vodka,
    Got a mink coat that's furry like Chewbacca."

• More recently, I think that Sidney Owens post creamed more than a few pairs of Z. Cavariccis.

and added more foes in my quest for this gold.

roughed up reissues of george benson on cti.

• Please to tell the artist on that "Black Knight" album. 'Preciate cha.

• Three Six Mafia "Roll With It"

"Makers, Markahs, cranberry vodka,

Got a mink coat that's furry like Chewbacca."

that's one of the better songs from the album, but i seem to have missed the discussion about it.

James Knight & the Butlers

Please to tell the artist on that "Black Knight" album. 'Preciate cha.

James Knight & The Butlers

• Beat you by a full minute, Crink.

What about the SONS of SPIRIT?

I'm sure that D.R. HOOKER record is on a lot more want lists now...

Also FOOD, George Braith, George Guzman, Larry T, Lovelites, anything on the Folkways label, Sons of Truth, Sylvers II, of course Burton Inc.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    BOSC*E..

This is a good album.

Help!

I've got $$$$ for it.

Holla Boscoe owners in need of duckets.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Ron B - Stitch by Stitch

• Wendy and Bonnie

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Cult

and

Lightmen

plus

Dave Pike Set - Got The Feeling

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Lou Ragland The Conveyor ??? too elusive and too rich for my blood however.

I try to jump on the bandwagon, but my taste keeps me from staying on for very long. I don't hear what's so great about a lot of the whoo-pee-doo records. What???s the big deal with Frank Cunimondo for instance? After a few listens, it???s still some MOR jazz to me.

What???s the big deal with Frank Cunimondo for instance?

Thanks. AMG has nothing on these cats. Is it soul or funk or somewhere in between? Either way, I apparently need it.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Thanks. AMG has nothing on these cats. Is it soul or funk or somewhere in between? Either way, I apparently need it.

New Reynaldo alias?

• Duke Pearson's breezy and enjoyable - but hardly mindblowing - THE PHANTOM on Blue Note seemed to get a lot of talk this year for some reason.

I BLAME P*YCZECH

BUT THANK WHOEVER POSTED THE MP3s

Because my vinyl copy is VG-

from dustygroove:

"An excellent bit of southern funk -- very much in the early mode of Little Beaver, but with a sound that's even harder! James Knight is The Black Knight -- leading a tight little combo with a raw funky 45 sound, heavy on the horns for backing, but with James' guitar right up front in the mix, jamming hard in a way that would have made Hendrix proud! The tracks are a mix of heavy funk numbers and more tripped-out jams -- and Knight's vocals remind us a bit of Charles Wright in the old days, blaring out of the speakers with a bit of distortion and lots of soul, really driving home the quality of the songs. Titles include "Fantasy World", "Save Me", "Flyin High", "Funky Cat", "Uncle Joe", "Cotton Candy", and "Just My Love For You"

• George Braith,

Actually ss factor started around the time AP did a big post about it... I think a lot of folks forgot about it though.

George Guzman,

Latin in general is stupid right now, the funk 45 of 2005 for sure.

Larry T,

Luckily there's copious supply right now

Lovelites,

Now that's the truth right there. A couple folks are mad at me for uploading it... sorry j****!

It's a little of both, even a little psychy in some parts. The ballads sound better to my ears, but that's just me.

• "An excellent bit of southern funk -- very much in the early mode of Little Beaver, but with a sound that's even harder! James Knight is The Black Knight -- leading a tight little combo with a raw funky 45 sound, heavy on the horns for backing, but with James' guitar right up front in the mix, jamming hard in a way that would have made Hendrix proud! The tracks are a mix of heavy funk numbers and more tripped-out jams -- and Knight's vocals remind us a bit of Charles Wright in the old days, blaring out of the speakers with a bit of distortion and lots of soul, really driving home the quality of the songs. Titles include "Fantasy World", "Save Me", "Flyin High", "Funky Cat", "Uncle Joe", "Cotton Candy", and "Just My Love For You"

Nice one!
    Joi de vivre!
    Sayin though!

"An excellent bit of southern funk -- very much in the early mode of Little Beaver, but with a sound that's even harder! James Knight is The Black Knight -- leading a tight little combo with a raw funky 45 sound, heavy on the horns for backing, but with James' guitar right up front in the mix, jamming hard in a way that would have made Hendrix proud! The tracks are a mix of heavy funk numbers and more tripped-out jams -- and Knight's vocals remind us a bit of Charles Wright in the old days, blaring out of the speakers with a bit of distortion and lots of soul, really driving home the quality of the songs. Titles include "Fantasy World", "Save Me", "Flyin High", "Funky Cat", "Uncle Joe", "Cotton Candy", and "Just My Love For You"

Nice one!
    Joi de vivre!
    Sayin though!

baroquely complex, yet funky & breezy.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

The ballads sound better to my ears, but that's just me.

I agree with this.

• Mr. Program Moosetash def. took note of Klute and The Whispers on Dore.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    What???s the big deal with Frank Cunimondo for instance? After a few listens, it???s still some MOR jazz to me.

I don't get the Cunimundo craze either. The albums I've heard sound like cocktail music. Decent, but far from facemelting. Maybe I just missed the really good ones?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Mr. Program Moosetash def. took note of Klute and The Whispers on Dore.

that reminds me, can we throw Dyson's Faces on the list?

BTW Th*s, I brought those ac*t*t*s to Buena Park thinking you might be there, you going to PCC?

New Reynaldo alias?

Naw. Am I being poked fun at? It was not w/out trepidation that I typed those letters. Fuck it tho, I like music.