Manfredo Fest-Brazilian Dorian Dream OG question

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I picked up a copy of this on the cheap some time ago and today it arrived in the mail. The listing made it seem like it was an OG and based on the jacket and mould smell it seems OG, but I know there's a reissue floating around. Can anybody give me the deadwax markings of a confirmed original?

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Nobody? Come on! Let's just pretend I'm asking after the Invaders for the umpteenth time...

• what is the catalog number of the one you have, and why didnt you sell me the reginina LP before?

LabelT AND M

Release Number 51040

Is the reissue

You may be a baller, but you're not so baller to be able to afford my reginina LP. Actually, the truth is I decided I liked it. Then again I haven't listened to it in a minute. You really want it?

I'm not convinced that the reissues have a different number than the OG; the pictures of OGs I've seen are also #51040.

• Remember I'm the one that gave you the price on the Reginina before i offered to buy it.

Unless your a collector, I'm not trying to buy out of your collection. I don't have that kind of money. Collectros always think shit is more expensive than it really is worth.

That issue number I got from looking the LP up on Gemm which lists it as a re-issue.

I have a fairly accurate way of assessing the value of my records. First I call up my buddy recsim and he gives me a price. Next, I email marcofunk and he gives me the price he'll pay for the record. Then I averge the two. I did just this last night and so I now know a reasonable value is $380US. This is slightly more than the going rate of $310US, but this copy is a promo pressing and there's a guy who lives across the street from Marco whose collectro goal is to own every promo copy of this record and he's upping their price. I'm told he buys them either for fashion shoots or to make funny sounds between the spokes of his Vespa.

I'm going to believe my copy of the Fest LP is OG. This makes me feel better and, having no indication that it isn't an OG, I see no reason to deprive myself of feeling just a little more dudeness.

• $380 for the Reginina?

Directions to
    Bellevue Hospital Center:

462 FIRST AVENUE at 27th Street
    New York, New York 10016
    General Information number: (212) 562-4141

$380 for the Reginina?

Directions to
    Bellevue Hospital Center:

462 FIRST AVENUE at 27th Street
    New York, New York 10016
    General Information number: (212) 562-4141

And where should I direct people suffering from an inability to appreciate sarcasm?

• DOES NOT COMPUTE. COLLETRON 2000 DOES NOT UNDERSTAND SARCASM.