Who Does what??? (DR)

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
everyone, everywhere smokes weed. but are there certain types of folks that do certain types of drugs? what are the breakdowns of urban vs sub-urban vs rural.and what countries/cities are the most hardcore? just curious.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    everyone, everywhere smokes weed. but are there certain types of folks that do certain types of drugs? what are the breakdowns of urban vs sub-urban vs rural.
    and what countries/cities are the most hardcore? just curious.

I quit smoking weed in about 1977. I quit drinking back in '93 or so.

In the early 70s my philosophy as a White, upper class, DC Suburban teenager my philosphy was I would try anything twice. Only thing is I wouldn't mainline, which saved me from heroin. I LOVE opium, but access was very difficult. I always hated cocain, did it once or twice in the 70s and then again in the 80s. Psychadelics and smoke were my and my closest friends main choice. But at my HS PCP, Qualudes, speed and downers were all very popular. Heroin was not popular. Cocain was for private school kids.

I guess your more interested in today. So all I wanted to say is I don't smoke weed, and it is very hard to quit somking weed. All you all are hooked.

Dan

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    everyone, everywhere smokes weed. but are there certain types of folks that do certain types of drugs? what are the breakdowns of urban vs sub-urban vs rural.
    and what countries/cities are the most hardcore? just curious.
    I don't smoke or drink anything, straight as an arrow baby. I've been clean & sober for 7 years. Before then though......ah, some good times, some bad times too.

• I don't smoke or drink anything, straight as an arrow baby. I've been clean & sober for 7 years. Before then though......ah, some good times, some bad times too.

congrats man...that is some shit to be proud of..for real.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    i've smoked weed like 7 times in my life. The first i was on a hill overlooking Blacks Beach in La Jolla, and i started laughing at the sound of an airplane motor. the second time, i totally tripped as i thought i was in space, with this wierd feeling that my skin and the universe were moving together. i don't know how to describe it...maybe i just had some bad weed. don't know.

and one time i took half an E, and was spacing out at class the next day.

so yea, i don't do drugs, but i am definitely intrigued by the compelling stories that everyone has to tell. carry on peoples.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Man, I don't do anything anymore (I just recently quit smoking cigarettes). I used to smoke weed and very occasionally eat mushrooms. I'm just way too cheap for that shit anymore. And I like the ability to concentrate.

Drinking is just a waste of money period. Especially if you don't particularily like the taste of alcohol. I don't get the whole "beer" things. Ain't for me.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    hapennin crowd in here today.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I smoke, drink, pop, drop, toot and root. Sometimes I buy records too.

• I haven't smoked weed since before I got married (2000).
    Back in the day I used to smoke hella weed, as well as partake in blotter, mushrooms (when available).

As much as I love beer I don't drink much these days (maybe one beer a month if that). Too tired to drink when I get home and I have a 22-month-old son who requires my sobriety...

Currently high on life (not a great buzz)....