How can the ACLU approve of this?

Comments

• http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/11/28/D8E5RPBO5.html

What if I don't have my ID on me or I just don't feel like showing it for no reason.

If you don't feel like showing your ID don't. The article does not say you will compeled to show it, or that action will be taken against those who do not show ID.

If this is implimented in the places that are likely terrorist targets; large downtown banks, transit centers (does Miami have transit centers?), there is no reason to belive that it is racial profiling or otherwise abusive.

Dan

How is this not abusive? Who gets to decide what's a "likely target" and who belongs in any given area? What happens when the Miami police (or any other police organization) starts using these "anti-terrorist" tactics to arrest people for non-terrorist related crimes (which is the main problem with much of the "PATRIOT" act, i.e. the people implementing it are using the threat of terrorism to erode rights in general).
    As far as "racial profiling", wo do you think is going to get asked for their ID first??

I'm saying the idea is not abusive.

You are saying that it will applied in an abusive way.

When that happens it's time for the ACLU to step in.

Since they are the only Americans who are responsible enough to care about our basic liberties.

That way we will retain our rights, except for Scoobydoo who is turning in his rights for more responsibilities.

Dan

Dan
    I know what you mean but I believe that the idea is abusive, in that it's another typically vague law meant to look like the government is being proactive, when in fact they're being reactive and that it's very "vagueness" gives them a lot of wiggle room (intended) to use it in an abusive way.

• "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

word.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    life without responsibility is worthless and empty. You might as well be a happy plant with nothing to do but play with your records and go to bed at whatever time you want.

define responsibility

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

My half sister and her friend (2 tall blonde 25 year olds) got mad harrased in New-York by customs

thats a joke right?

No they got into questioning and stuff but do not look suspect at all
    thx for the update btw

• "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

word.

Word....

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    life without responsibility is worthless and empty. You might as well be a happy plant with nothing to do but play with your records and go to bed at whatever time you want.

I'm 5x8+4 I'll go to bed when ever I want. If you want the goverment setting your bed time go live in North Korea.

Dan

• sacrifice, accountability, right from wrong, dependability, consistency, stuff like that.

• My half sister and her friend (2 tall blonde 25 year olds) got mad harrased in New-York by customs

thats a joke right?

thx for the update btw

but that was probably just good old fashion garden variety sexual harrassment.

• I'm 5x8+4 I'll go to bed when ever I want.

The fact that you are 114 doesn't change anything.

• sacrifice, accountability, right from wrong, dependability, consistency, stuff like that.

So we sacrifice our civil rights, so the government, which wants no accountability, and doesn't appear to know right from wrong, or demonstrate dependability or consistency can do what it wants when it wants?

So we sacrifice our civil rights, so the government, which wants no accountability, and doesn't appear to know right from wrong, or demonstrate dependability or consistency can do what it wants when it wants?

what rights have you sacraficed so far?

sacrifice, accountability, right from wrong, dependability, consistency, stuff like that.

very subjective, and open to interpretation/manipulaion by self-righteous types. You have a responsibilty to be consistent? "stuff like that" ... Methinks you're a legend in your own lunchbreak.

Accountability - that's a joke coming from your guys right?

Responsibility is a lot more than those campaign buzzwords you listed.

"sabadabada" for President!

None willingly, but I haven't traveled by air since 9/11. If you get what you want I expect to be accosted on a daily basis by the local constabulary and/or their federal adjuncts. Besides, i'm not just worried about myself (a distinctly non-Republican trait).

I'm 5x8+4 I'll go to bed when ever I want.

(5x8)+4 (re-written for turds)

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

None willingly, but I haven't traveled by air since 9/11. If you get what you want I expect to be accosted on a daily basis by the local constabulary and/or their federal adjuncts. Besides, i'm not just worried about myself (a distinctly non-Republican trait).

I can tell you first hand, that some of the greediest, self-centered, most ethically challenged individuals are Democrats. I know that you know its not like all democrats = good and all republicans = evil. That type of black and white thinking would be too ... republican wouldn't it?

• Ok, I just found this article and it seriously scared the shit outta me. NEW NATIONAL ID CARDS!! This is a paragraph from it. Click to read the whole thing.

"This is the funny thing. This is the sad thing. This is the terrifying thing. We have suffered one major debilitating act of terrorism in this nation and we have recoiled so violently, so rabidly, so desperately that we are still more than willing to give up whatever freedoms necessary in a vain and silly attempt to control chaos and plug every hole, when of course the nation is basically one giant hole to begin with."

They Really Are Watching You

yeah, thats right. I actually thought he was 114, and i actually found someone to make it even equal 114?

you guys really need to lighten up a little.

• Ok, I just found this article and it seriously scared the shit outta me. NEW NATIONAL ID CARDS!! This is a paragraph from it. Click to read the whole thing.

"This is the funny thing. This is the sad thing. This is the terrifying thing. We have suffered one major debilitating act of terrorism in this nation and we have recoiled so violently, so rabidly, so desperately that we are still more than willing to give up whatever freedoms necessary in a vain and silly attempt to control chaos and plug every hole, when of course the nation is basically one giant hole to begin with."

They Really Are Watching You

Im watching you, and I know that you've been picking your nose and wiping it beneath the desk, and i want you to stop.

sacrifice, accountability, right from wrong, dependability, consistency, stuff like that.

I can tell you first hand, that some of the greediest, self-centered, most ethically challenged individuals are Democrats. I know that you know its not like all democrats = good and all republicans = evil. That type of black and white thinking would be too ... republican wouldn't it?

Yo!!!!!!! How many card carrying democrats are there on here??? About 3 you bellend. You're the one who always makes it into Dems vs. "Reality"

There's plenty of extremely smart people on here who have very different ideas to you. If you want to imagine that they are all Kerry-maniacs, then you're just continuing to deceive yourself.

yeah, thats right. I actually thought he was 114, and i actually found someone to make it even equal 114?

No, you need to get over yourself and talk about records.

Certainly not a 100% good vs 100% evil swap, but have you read the papers lately?

*Picture posted in full expectation of Ted Kennedy picture posted in return...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

My half sister and her friend (2 tall blonde 25 year olds) got mad harrased in New-York by customs

thats a joke right?

thx for the update btw

but that was probably just good old fashion garden variety sexual harrassment.

Intimidation, trick question, the isolation treatment...that was what went down
    Just referring to the argument about 9/10 people screened are white woman

Garden variety sexual harrassment... please calm yourself. Saba you enjoy such great and soothing bossa music yet when politics come around you answer super intense. This isnt a dem vs rep thing you're just really fired up

Methinks you're a legend in your own lunchbreak.

CLASSIC

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

I've spent a long time trying to figure out how you came up with 114.

This is a more interesting consideration than this conversation.

you are much better with adding up the prices of the records you buy as a result of your responsible and dependable income than calculating age.

you are much better with adding up the prices of the records you buy as a result of your responsible and dependable income than calculating age.

I'm pretty sure he was making a self-deprecating joke implying that he couldn't do math.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

i would be careful here.

you shouldn't approximate.

that would make you seem.....

too liberal.

I'm pretty sure he was making a self-deprecating joke implying that he couldn't do math.

Apart from Tecumseh's posts, I'm pretty good at spotting sarcasm on here. But if you think it was self-deprecating, you need to think again.

Without getting Freudian, it seems Mr Badadada has some Travis Bickle type frustrations with the world. This is the wrong place to come and try to look down on people.

• Methinks you're a legend in your own lunchbreak.

best response evar

I came up with 114 so there would be no question that i actually made a math mistake because there is no way to do anything with those numbers to make 114. But because it had a 4 in it, it would appear that I did make a mistake.

I came up with 114 so there would be no question that i actually made a math mistake because there is no way to do anything with those numbers to make 114. But because it had a 4 in it, it would appear that I did make a mistake.

plus - how could i thnk he was 114.