iPod help(or I just bought an iPod Motherfuckers!)

Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
So my wife and I are exchanging iPods/iRivers for Christmas this year. So this weekend we got the jump on the holiday and went to the Apple store to get the 30gig iPod (she wanted to try it out and see if the video will suit her before we decide to get her the same deal or an iRiver w/video).Anyway, love it so far, but HATE itunes.A friend told me about Music Match (which is great, but so far I can't find any dvevice manager for an iPod). She has a first generation iPod, so I am thinking the new ones are maybe more limited in what outside software they will be compatible with(damn proprietary Apple!).Anyway, maybe it's something I am doing wrong or not seeing, I am notoriously impatient with gadgetry.Any ideas/suggestions/tech help?

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    what's the beef with itunes?

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Music Match blows so, relatively speaking, iTunes is the way. It usally takes a minute or so to cue up with your iPod, but once it does it's pretty easy to use.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

It doesn't want to import certain files, and I can't seem to create playlists as easily as with RealPlayer and MusicMatch.

• fuck an ipod-fuck downloading music-fuck all that shit
    make me wanna uuurrrllll!

mc

• Are you looking for software other than iTunes with which to purchase music, or just software to transfer mp3's to the iPod? If it's the former then I dunno becuase I don't pay to download music so I don't use any of the sites. If it's the latter and you just find iTunes to be a clunky inefficient piece of crap software (which it is) then I suggest something called Anapod Explorer made by a company called Red Chair Software. Now, I'm assuming you're using a Windows-based computer and not a Mac...if you're using a Mac then you'll have to just disregard this entire message because I don't do the Apple thing. That said, Anapod Explorer makes life much easier as far as transferring files to the iPod.

I don't personally have an iPod (again, I avoid all things Apple) but my dad bought one a few months ago and needed my help getting it working. iTunes for some reason wouldn't work worth a shit and simply transferring files was a chore. So, I had him buy Anapod Explorer and it worked swimmingly. Many people swear by the software just because of its ease of use.

Though I'm not an Apple guy I do have a Creative Zen Micro and I use Red Chair's software for that mp3 player. Red Chair makes software for a number of different mp3 players and they do it well. Check out http://www.redchairsoftware.com and look at the list of features for Anapod Explorer to see if that's along the lines of what you're wanting.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Are you looking for software other than iTunes with which to purchase music, or just software to transfer mp3's to the iPod? If it's the former then I dunno becuase I don't pay to download music so I don't use any of the sites. If it's the latter and you just find iTunes to be a clunky inefficient piece of crap software (which it is) then I suggest something called Anapod Explorer made by a company called Red Chair Software. Now, I'm assuming you're using a Windows-based computer and not a Mac...if you're using a Mac then you'll have to just disregard this entire message because I don't do the Apple thing. That said, Anapod Explorer makes life much easier as far as transferring files to the iPod.

I don't personally have an iPod (again, I avoid all things Apple) but my dad bought one a few months ago and needed my help getting it working. iTunes for some reason wouldn't work worth a shit and simply transferring files was a chore. So, I had him buy Anapod Explorer and it worked swimmingly. Many people swear by the software just because of its ease of use.

Though I'm not an Apple guy I do have a Creative Zen Micro and I use Red Chair's software for that mp3 player. Red Chair makes software for a number of different mp3 players and they do it well. Check out http://www.redchairsoftware.com and look at the list of features for Anapod Explorer to see if that's along the lines of what you're wanting.

Yes, this is what I'm looking for, I have both Mac and PC, but I use PC laptop more, so that's why iTunes is such a drag.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

It doesn't want to import certain files, and I can't seem to create playlists as easily as with RealPlayer and MusicMatch.

what are you tryign to import man??

pressing the + sign is too complicated a method for making a playlist??

complaining that itunes isnt easy is like saying putting butter on toast is too challenging.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    The only thing I can think of to help you is finding the options (for what file type you want to import with)

The options and preferences are in the bottom of the edit menu. Change that mp4 or aac to mp3 immediately

good luck