The Invaders Spacing out

kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Hey i picked up a copy of the Invaders when i was in melburn back in may. I am trying to work out if it's original or not. I know the 90's reissue didn't have the record label logo printed on the top right hand corner and mine has this logo.Is there any other way to tell?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    um

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I have a hunch that every Invaders is a re-ish.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

That's not the first time I've heard that. Someone plaese to tell the truth...

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    I saw the OG only one time in my life...for only 1000$...aaargh

that's the reissue:

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

its a great record and yes it has been re-ished a couple of times... but the original is real!

i actually found two copies of this way back in the day, both for a dollar each, and both OG's, low budget albums with no innersleeve...

i was a kid and didnt know shit about records, i noticed there was a meters track on it so i bought it. the second one i bought because i thought it might come in handy for possible cutbacking (liking the grooves), i did however (fortunately) never use the two copies for cutbacks cause i felt the vinyl wasnt strong enough...

how to tell the diffrence between original and re-ish, i havent got the reissues but i can discribe the OG: vinyl is standard weight, theres DUANE-1101-A (-B on side B) carved into the wax, also theres two distinct symbols.

the label has a (round) line that cuts through after DU (ANE) and 33RPM is inside that line with the M touching or barely touching it.

logo label print is not the best quality and is fading just a little bit.

back cover instrument credit/ names (white letters) are not high quality print either, looks like the letters might be starting to rub off.

the back cover is pasted on a half (more or less) centimeters from the cover edge, done a bit unacurate.

good luck with finding this everybody, its a nice little !

peace.

• Dejean told me that story... It is

Dress

• Options

Day,

It's real, I've talked with/met the producer.

K in Canada.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Dope, that's a crazy story. Good thing you didn't try to get your "Peter Piper" on with those . I'm glad we can put that talk to rest.

• Options
    They also released a 45 under a different name that hardly anyone knows about...until now, I guess

Kevin.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Thanks guys. I was just flicking thru the funky lexicon and they had that page where they showed how the og had the label logo and the reissue didn't. So i thought i should check out my copy again...you never know.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Thanks guys. I was just flicking thru the funky lexicon and they had that page where they showed how the og had the label logo and the reissue didn't. So i thought i should check out my copy again...you never know.

There was an exact reissue a year or two ago

• lucerolucero 425 Posts

and as you turned it up in melbourne, chances are its a reeeeee ...

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    those are some crazy ass blemishes.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts

and as you turned it up in melbourne, chances are its a reeeeee ...

What up you post up in the stealthmag forums as well?
    Why would it be more likely to be a reissue from melburn????
    I was aware that it was issued last year again but i didn't think that it included the label logo.

• Moderators: CAN YOU DELETE ANY THREADS ABOUT THE INVADERS THAT OCCUR AFTER 12/31/2005?
    THIS RAGGEDY TOPIC NEEDS TO BE OFFICIALLY RETIRED.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    With pleasure.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Moderators: CAN YOU DELETE ANY THREADS ABOUT THE INVADERS THAT OCCUR AFTER 12/31/2005?
    THIS RAGGEDY TOPIC NEEDS TO BE OFFICIALLY RETIRED.

YES.