FAVORITE VERSION OF YOUR FORMER SELF

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I'm kind of partial to the me before my folks split and I had almost no awareness about life, paid no bills and wasn't all jaded and cynical.

Think about the old you, who's still somewhere inside the new you, now.

trippy

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I kinda miss the old wigger'd out hardcore thug Adam. Little dude with a Joe Pesci complex who used to steal strictly Nike Fila, Reebok and Adidas clothing from the West Covina mall. You oculd of caught me battling other kids emcee-wise on Cameron Avenue. I used to love hearing cats tell me "you know you're white right? Why do you you try to act so black"

Hair in a fade bleached blonde like Eminem Sisqo, ears pierced hoop on both sides and a stud on top on the left just like Deion Sanders, Bubble Jacket in 70 degree weather, Thems were the days.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I kinda miss the old wigger'd out hardcore thug Adam. Little dude with a Joe Pesci complex who used to steal strictly Nike Fila, Reebok and Adidas clothing from the West Covina mall. You oculd of caught me battling other kids emcee-wise on Cameron Avenue. I used to love hearing cats tell me "you know you're white right? Why do you you try to act so black"

Hair in a fade bleached blonde like Eminem Sisqo, ears pierced hoop on both sides and a stud on top on the left just like Deion Sanders, Bubble Jacket in 70 degree weather, Thems were the days.

I can picture it all now:

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    ahhh man! it'd have to be the me circa '93-'94. i was living in fairbanks, alaska, 2 to 3 years into djing, bagging groceries after work, hanging out with the holmeses and them in school, selling mix tapes, making plans for the weekend, and just bugging out in general.

hands down probably the happiest of my life.
    no bills.
    no drama.
    no bullshit.

just good times and a fresh view of the world. i miss these days like a motherfucker.

rolanda, torrence, cas, rufus and mike

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ahhh man! it'd have to be the me circa '93-'94. i was living in fairbanks, alaska, 2 to 3 years into djing, bagging groceries after work, hanging out with the holmeses and them in school, selling mix tapes, making plans for the weekend, and just bugging out in general.

hands down probably the happiest of my life.

no bills.

no drama.

no bullshit.

just good times and a fresh view of the world. i miss these days like a motherfucker.

rolanda, torrence, cas, rufus and mike

Ha! Yo it's a new era: Cas revealed!

I thought about posting from around that same time but for me, eh..that time was not so hot...

• [

Right click...Save picture as THISISGONNACOMEINREALHANDYONEDAY.jpg

• Hmmm. Like you, things change when a major event happens. For me, the "no awareness on life" was the time before my dad died. I had finished the 7th grade, so I was in intermediate school, "growing up slow" but nonetheless growing up. No need for elementary bullshit, but on my way to high school. My dad had always been someone who looked fondly to his high school days, and I would have went to the same high school as him had I stayed.

But he died, and while the "man of the house" role was quietly placed on me, I was dazed like anyone else would. Dad no longer there, wanting to do good at school, having a strong sense of friends and friendships, only to find out that you're going to move in less than a year. All of my friendships were tight up until the moment I moved.
    -----
    I also liked the "punk rock era" me, a/k/a "post-high school, pre-find a real job, had intentions of going to the Art Institute Of Seattle but didn't" me.

Some priorities change, some priorities stay the same, some need a re-evaluation. In the end, the core of what was the "old me" is still there. Just a bit worn on the edges.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Yowza Day! Looking a lil east-los-tweaker-ish there.

Being a little kid was way dope! It wasnt perfect - my parents split up and my mom had (has) a sizable drug prollem, but back then none of it fuckin mattered. Me and my boys doing chariot races in my moms wheelchairs, running from angry neighbors, stealing candy bars, riding bikes into other neighbor hoods just to meet new kids...

im getting myself a little teary eyed just thinking about it.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yowza Day! Looking a lil east-los-tweaker-ish there.

You got the last half right

It's replys like the those above that make me stick around this place.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    hey you know why tweakers fuck doggy style right?

So they can both look out the window.

Pizow!

great thread.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I have seen people do some crazy shit.

• Actually I think the me of the past few years has probably been the best me in a long time. Coincedentally, it's also been the most stressful time in my life most likely. But I have focused on doing positive, productive things with my life, doing the best I can for my kids and my girlfriend, and I even volunteer on a regular basis.

If I could just find a job, I'd be doing pretty good.

But yeah, being an adult is a bitch. It's like, life should be simple, but shit just stresses you out.

• being an adult is a bitch. It's like, life should be simple, but shit just stresses you out.

cosign, butt here is always music..and that shit helps me deal for real.