FAVORITE VERSIONS OF PUT YOUR HAND IN THE HAND

2»

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    muro had a reggae breaks comp with a version that was good ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!!!! very listenable. but i have no idea what it was

funny you should mention it, i went for a big regional dig a few months ago with my friend, and at every place we were told some one came in here last week and bought every record we had, so I came home with mainly scraps after driving for nearly 6-700 kms not happy, but by chance i pulled this record, I too had heard it on the Muro tape and no one was able to tell me what it was, we actually listened to that tape at one point of the journey too...
    brent dowe is the version btw

• DAMN!!! good lookin out!!!!
    hows the rest of the record? that girl singing with him has the most beautiful voice

double cd set, the first cd was real hot startin with ghostface second cd was so so. i lent mine to someone and never saw it again. cant even rememnber who

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Of the ones already mention I co sign on Alison Durbin, Ocean, Lynn, James Last and Anne Murray....

some other notables;

Engleburn Humperdick (best horns on this version), the EMI Bands 'cover' of James Last has nice clean drums, Tony Barber (ozi game host) has a suprising version, Barry Crockers version has the tightest bassline, The Imperials one is nice but hard to chop (too much happening)... gotta go home and check the pile...I think im up to like 30 versions (not all with breaks)....

the best thing is when you tell an upcoming digger about PYHITH and then they got nuts on the dollar bins (and look at you like your some braeks god)...the worse is when you fork out for a shit record just cus its got PYHITH cover and no braaaaeekkk!!!!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    DAMN!!! good lookin out!!!!
    hows the rest of the record? that girl singing with him has the most beautiful voice

double cd set, the first cd was real hot startin with ghostface second cd was so so. i lent mine to someone and never saw it again. cant even rememnber who

i found it on a comp sorry so its just the track, which i co-incidentally just used under a beat i am making for a mixtape as i spotted this thread, i can see if i can find my copy of the muro tape, or if you want i can rip the track for you.

and the only 3 version i like are
    the glen
    the james
    and the above mentioned reggae one

• i fusk with this w/or w/o a braek.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Joe Alvarez Bitches!!!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Joe Alvarez Bitches!!!

THANK YOU DUDE!!!!! i ALWAYS wondered what this break was ever since it was used on Del's track on that first handsome boy modeling school record. definitely a f*cking awesome break.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I have no idea what version I was talking about back then, but I found another ill one on this "Mel" record. The shit knocks. I'll try to post the audio if I get a minute.