kanye's "heard em say" video

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
from 106 and park by bill plympton.

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    that video is incredible

• Even though I think his album is pretty weak I got a lot of respect for the guy. This video is mad sick. Really brought me back to old videos of the mid and early 90's. I haven't seen any Bill Plympton animation in a long time.

• that video is incredible

so on point. tha shit brought tears to my eyes. song is so damn good

• MeepMeep 320 Posts

dopest video of the year.

• According to Bill Plympton, Kanye paid for this version out of his own pocket. My ladyfriend saw him speak at a "meet the artist" function a couple weeks ago and he announced it.

Hate Kanye all you want but you AT LEAST gotta give him his propers for this shit. I mean, what other Hip Hop artist do you know will reach out to a dude like Bill Plympton?!?!

Herm

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Hate Kanye all you want but you AT LEAST gotta give him his propers for this shit. I mean, what other Hip Hop artist do you know will reach out to a dude like Bill Plympton?!?!

Herm

Jon Brion and others Right, the paying of his money is also respectable.Like his first video, gaining back artistic integrity through personal action in a way

• Great video. I never liked any of the Maroon 5 songs, but on this one Levine brings the chills every time. Love that song.

I think I said this back when the album came out, but the opening bars of that song right when the piano comes made my eyes well up. It's been a long time since a Hip Hop song's done that to me.

My favorite part of this version of the video is when the 2 cars squeeze out of the trunk and drive off. Reminds me of all those old Bill Plympton cartoons where people's faces would grow out of other people's faces and morph into some other shit. I can't wait to see the Michel Gondry version of this video. Supposedly they drop a bunch of kids in Macy's overnight and let 'em run wild.

Herm

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    that video is incredible

I can't wait to see the Michel Gondry version of this video.

Co-sign! Anyway this version right here's beautiful. It would be fun if they actually did a video for all tracks on the album, but that probably won't happen.

The lyrics are so real to me and my life. The the video is amazing. So raw, organic, and simple. Saving this for the archives.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    that video is incredible

Seriously. The song alone gets me, but I just watched it twice with my son on my lap and at the end he waved to the little boy on the screen and said "bye", then he started clapping at the end.

D. Choked Up

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I think I said this back when the album came out, but the opening bars of that song right when the piano comes made my eyes well up. It's been a long time since a Hip Hop song's done that to me.

cosign, the weird synth/bells transition into "touch the sky" got me too.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    my day is now complete

• great song, great video.

• Was feelin the pre-emptive there, dude deserves respect. Song cool too.