De La Nikes?!?!

ArkiveArkive 28 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I'm not sure if anyone has seen these.I just seen them for the first time today. Check the link De La Nikes

Comments

• cheesy

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    cheesy

and ugly

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Yeah they are pretty damn ugly. Nike whores will love them though.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Unlike others, I actually like Dunks but both De La dunks are godawafulugly.

• as much as i like de la.....let me say this:

dave has a problem.

these nikes are ass.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts

Possibly the worst collaboration in recent months.

When we interviewed De La for a sneaker fanzine I was working on, none of them had much interest in any brand of sneakers, let alone Nikes.

If you're gonna do a collaboration, at least make it relevant IMO...

• I think they're cool. Wouldn't pay that much for them though..

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I think they're cool. Wouldn't pay that much for them though..

I was gonna say. $300 US for a pair of nikes... $500 for a pair of NIKE DUNK LO PRO SB CALIFORNIA?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    wow, I really wanted to like these. De La Soul aren't just a another hip-hop group to me they are the biggest musical influence in my life. I But I'll be damned if I can find anything nice to say about these shoes.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

lol - hilarious!

now do one for the yellow ones!

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    It's funny, we just opened up a sneaker shop and these label whores come in on a daily asking, You got LRG, Dunks, SB, Jordans?, like some crackheads. I don't understand it. I mean some of the Dunks are dope but most of them are ugly color combination, cheap looking, third world constructed sneakers. I guess Nike's operatiion label whore raping is in full effect.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    fashion is a world where corporatism mixes with art like music

The dunks would be a venture of corporatism in the "underground" of fashion?

whateva ugly shoes could have been a good concept but the fact De la is not even down for shoes is suspect and is sorta related to the aformentioned "observation" although LRG or Ecko refute my theory (sorry writing a term paper at this moment)

It's funny, we just opened up a sneaker shop and these label whores come in on a daily asking, You got LRG, Dunks, SB, Jordans?, like some crackheads. I don't understand it. I mean some of the Dunks are dope but most of them are ugly color combination, cheap looking, third world constructed sneakers. I guess Nike's operatiion label whore raping is in full effect.

where's your sneak store?

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

where's your sneak store?

It's in Alameda.

• most of them are ugly color combination, cheap looking sneakers.

you must be shrooming

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Hate on Nike all you want but the new Air Force Supremes are soooo choice. if you have the means, i highly recommend getting a pair.

Hate on Nike all you want but the new Air Force Supremes are soooo choice. if you have the means, i highly recommend getting a pair.

Dunno man. I've been seeing these around on WWW sites and they look ugly to me.

• Hate on Nike all you want but the new Air Force Supremes are soooo choice. if you have the means, i highly recommend getting a pair.

Adobe Shoe!!!

Bang 'em up and mold 'em right back into place!

• Options

Cosign, they look good to me too.

Dudes on here should look into the simple "be true to your school" series of dunks if you swing that way, if you want basic two color joints that are done the way they were originally intended. Suede on the outside too, different from the og's but ok in it's own way. And highs as well.

Fuck those De La messes, things are straight garbage. Clown shoes.

• I'm waiting for these:

But they're so limited I'll probably have to pay a grip for 'em.

Herm

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I have a nice collection of two-tone dunk highs... but I haven't bought any new ones in nearly two years. Shit just got way too out of hand with too many geeks 'collecting' them. Fuck that, I buy sneaks to wear.
    I'm all about old school Vans and Superstars. I could wear those until the day I die...

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

Ronald Mcdonald is right!

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    I'm waiting for these:

Herm

yo herm.

you see these?

http://www.pickyourshoes.com/casual/new_balance_547_haze.htm

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

Nah. These are dope. Those De La's are wack.

I need to hit my dude up for these on Monday.

Are this only available at Supreme? What's the distro on these?

• I'm waiting for these:

Herm

Yeah, I've seen those. They're not the Haze editions, though. They're by some dude named Josh Wisdumb. There was a lot of confusion about that when they came out. These are the official Haze ones:

These are dope as fuck! I'm not feeling the Wisdumb ones at all. The Haze pairs are running upwards of $200, though. I'm not feeling that either.

Herm

• AserAser 2,351 Posts