Funk Factory

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
any one know anything about this record? Atco 1975thoughs, comments, querstions?

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I want to know if it's a one tracker. I've come close to buying it but could never hear it. Beastie Boys sample laar.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    any one know anything about this record?

It is a terd.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    if you stole it, you'd be a turdburgalar

• any one know anything about this record?

It is a terd.

yo faux can you cite a few more examples of terds?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I only like it for the beastie boys sample track. Very nice track.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Check the review:

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/crates/list.php?category=F&page=9

One really good Funk Fusion track that was used by the Beasties and is good on its own. And this is from someone who is moving away from Fusion these days. Couple other tracks that would be good if you do lke Fusion.

• Options
    I agree with Faux, it's ass...and i dig both funk and disco. It's a seller.

K.

• It is a terd.

"That's what you say........."

• well so far the beastie's sample is the best track, but i'll keep it if just for that. thanks for the input all.

• rien ne va plus. right?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    rien ne va plus. right?

i might be a fusion nut but this album is imo worth getting, the rein ne va plus version is real dope,...theres an earlier different sounding rein ne va plus version on a novi singers 1973 muza record which is recommendable also!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    rien ne va plus. right?

This is how you say terd in French?

• rien ne va plus. right?

This is how you say terd in French?

i believe it's faux rills if i'm not mistaken....

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i have no recollection of the sound of this record but does any local bay cats remember when tom had boxes of this record up at grant and green like 7 or so years ago? $5 each... must of bought about 30 or 40. that was the first record i really started making money on.

anyway... thats my story.

• i have no recollection of the sound of this record ...that was the first record i really started making money on.

ode of the record dealer.

rien ne va plus is top flight song in my opinion. worth dropping twenty on the record just for that. i like it much better than the Novi version.

• i have no recollection of the sound of this record ...that was the first record i really started making money on.

ode of the record dealer.

rien ne va plus is top flight song in my opinion. worth dropping twenty on the record just for that. i like it much better than the Novi version.

So far impossible to locate in Germany irl.

I have been trying to get his here for years now :-/

Seb

• TobiTobi 187 Posts

Yeah,

it's the best song on this LP. The others are more fusion stuff, sometimes a bit weird. Maybe that's because Michal Urbaniak and Urszula Dudziak are members of the band. Some of the tracks remind me of Urszula's solo LP...