talking about internet IRL (ss related more...)

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
How do you people deal with talking about online "communities" in the real world? I know I just found this place a few months ago, but I'm pretty sure I've yet to actually utter the words "soul strut" to anybody tangible. Although, I suppose being on myspace is about a common as having a cellphone nowadays, maybe its about time to get over it?

Comments

• How do you people deal with talking about online "communities" in the real world? I know I just found this place a few months ago, but I'm pretty sure I've yet to actually utter the words "soul strut" to anybody tangible. Although, I suppose being on myspace is about a common as having a cellphone nowadays, maybe its about time to get over it?

MySpace is acceptable.

I describe Soulstrut to my girlfriend as "that message board I post on."

But yeah there's not much of a stigma these days compared to with a few years ago.

• I describe Soulstrut to my girlfriend as "that message board I post on."

thats me too - though i have a funny feeling that when i get home from work in a few hours, its going to be "my EX girlfreind"

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

I describe Soulstrut to my girlfriend as "that message board I post on."

thats me too - though i have a funny feeling that when i get home from work in a few hours, its going to be "my EX girlfreind"
    She can't dump you if you're not wearing pants.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    My girl used to think it was freaky that i had friends that i only knew through forums.

That was until she got online herself about a year ago and now it's all she talks about.

Think we'll have to go on Trisha soon to sort this one out.

PS If you're reading this hun, I'm only playing, please don't throw my stuff out the window

• the first rule of soulstrut is, you do not talk about soulstrut