Odyssey Record Bags (Record Bag Related)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Are the ones with wheels any good? Just curious. Looks like a cooler with wheels....thanks,M

Comments

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    They are great if you fly with records plenty and find yourself walking through way too large airports. It's like a fat boy recliner for record nerds.

Besides that think about what the floor of a club looks like by closing. I don't want anything of mine touching that shit.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I can't speak highly enough of these:

UDG Trolley Record Bag[/b]

Holds approximately 55-60 records. The three tier extension slides completely into the body of the bag (non-detachable), and it can also be carried as a shoulder strap bag (removable shoulder strap included). Sturdy wheel system is integrated into the bag, and features bearings and rollerblade style wheels. 3 large exterior pockets. Inside compartment features extra, removable layer of padding and zip pocket. Also includes 1 combination lock for main compartment, and 2 CD wallets (each hold 24 CDs). Heavy duty construction.

Hands down the best record bag I have ever owned.

• I can't speak highly enough of these:

UDG Trolley Record Bag[/b]

Hands down the best record bag I have ever owned.

sooooo cosign. Your back and your records will thank you. PM me, I can hook one up at a good price...

• is cool but to little for my DJ work.... but for Recordsfare it is ok
    much place for my

• is cool but to little for my DJ work.... but for Recordsfare it is ok
    much place for my

Translation:

It's cool, but doesn't hold enough records for when I DJ. It's good enough for record fairs, and it can comfortably hold my Vestax portable.

• Translation:

It's cool, but doesn't hold enough records for when I DJ. It's good enough for record fairs, and it can comfortably hold my Vestax portable.

yes, but you can stack another bag on top:

either the matching set here ^^^^^, or you can throw one of your own on top.

• yes, but you can stack another bag on top:

That's where it gets interesting. I usually bring two bags / small crates to a gig, and a built-in trolley is very tempting.....

Just can't get myself to spend that kind of $$$ on bags when i can buy records instead!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I had one of these and while it lasted me about two years or so, it eventually ripped at the seams and quickly went to shit from there. THe thing is: it is NOT built well for constant airplane use. I can't speak on those UDG's - they look good though.

This is what I use: http://www.topdjgear.com/odyssey-klp070dlx.html

The downside = it only holds about 70 or so records but the upside = shit is built very rugged. It can take a lot of abuse, especially by baggage handlers. It also has a built in headphone and accessories compartments and it's big enough to also accomodate a typical cartridge case (i.e. one of those Shure or Vestax joints). AND, its dimensions are made to fit in most overhead compartments on planes (though not all).

Oliver

Are the ones with wheels any good? Just curious. Looks like a cooler with wheels....

thanks,
    M

By the way, anyone ever owned one of these:

http://www.columbiadjsupply.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=VCC01

I've always wanted one but $90 ain't no joke for a cart case.

• anyone have recommendations for a 45 bag?

anyone have recommendations for a 45 bag?

Personally, I'd just look for those old faux leather cases that get sold around swap meets, thrift stores, etc. $10-15, holds about 50 45s? Simple.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Good recomendation
    Yeah if youre really intense those cases come in box style and you could fill a truck load of 45's in there (ask your dad he may have one

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Burton Makes a pretty sweet record bag. This shot is from our current catalog.

• Burton Makes a pretty sweet record bag. This shot is from our current catalog.

Looks like you can fit a lot of drugs in there too.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I like this one:

gNAT

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Looks like you can fit a lot of drugs in there too.

and a benjamin or two, evidently. what DJ has that kind of loot? especially with the raers shown there

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

yes, but you can stack another bag on top:

In general the UDG bags are great. I have two big 100ct ones and the only problem i've had is that one of the shoulder strap's plastic clasps broke after I stumbled with it on my shoulder. that was exceptional abuse though. they're a little pricey but its worth it.

• Burton Makes a pretty sweet record bag. This shot is from our current catalog.

Hey Nate, did you shoot that photo? Those records (and the portable) look like they might be yours...

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

Hey Nate, did you shoot that photo? Those records (and the portable) look like they might be yours...

Yes. You gotta get your "art direct" on here and there.

Yes. You gotta get your "art direct" on here and there.

Nice work. I remember trading you that Serge Gainsbourg for William Devaughn way back when...no regrets about that one.