shure white label problems

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
cartridge questions part 110,678

does anybody have problems with humming or feedback using shure white labels?

also what's the best way to clean the corrosion gunk shit that cakes around the cartridge where it goes into the tonearm?

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

TTLab sells a thing called the DeoxIT Pen. I haven't used it myself, but I think it cleans headshell connections.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Stick to normal mounted cartridges. Shure M35X or M447

• cartridge questions part 110,678

does anybody have problems with humming or feedback using shure white labels?

also what's the best way to clean the corrosion gunk shit that cakes around the cartridge where it goes into the tonearm?

Used them for two years now - never had any problems.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Stick to normal mounted cartridges. Shure M35X or M447

Doesn't make any difference. Problem is caused by idiots licking their contacts, thinking it will cure the problem when in fact it increases it.
    Try using a pencil with an eraser on the end (obviously the eraser end )
    That or some q-tips and lighter fluid which does the trick.

• Try using a pencil with an eraser on the end (obviously the eraser end )

Don't rub to hard you can push the prongs back into the headshell which will fuck up the connection even more. The eraser does work pretty well though.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    humming

Could be a bad ground connection?

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I read the thread title as "shure white label promos"

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    ive had mine for about 2 years and never had any problems either.

• humming

Could be a bad ground connection?

might be..i took my tables in for service, they came back humming. when i reopened them to fix them again (my father is an electrical genius), the ground was TAPED, not soldered. needless to say, i'll never reccommend atlantic electronics in hazlet, nj to anyone ever again.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    idiots licking their contacts, thinking it will cure the problem when in fact it increases it.

um, that would me me

• idiots licking their contacts, thinking it will cure the problem when in fact it increases it.

um, that would me me

Yeah, use one of them de-oxidizing pens instead. Mine's cleared up problems for me a couple of times. Don't remember where I got it, but I have a feeling that Home Depot or whatever would have 'em cheaper than Turntablelab. Can't say if you'd like Home Depot's record reviews any better though.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    idiots licking their contacts, thinking it will cure the problem when in fact it increases it.

um, that would me me

Actually, it does fix the problem temporarily, like for the night. And sometimes it's necessary when the tonearm at the club is dirty. But definitely detoxit when you get home. I've had no long term problems from licking as long as you clean it later. If you wanna be super cautious I guess you could bring a detoxit to the club in case of emergency, but I don't do that.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I've had no long term problems from licking as long as you clean it later.

Give me an A, give me an Y, give me an O...AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• TTLab sells a thing called the DeoxIT Pen. I use it myself, and I think it kicks ass.

• I read the thread title as "shure white label promos"

Holy shit! So did I! It was only when you pointed out the fact that I checked it properly. Spooky.