Strange dreams.

TECUMSEHTECUMSEH 301 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I just got this PM from Magic_Jackson and I'm kinda disturbed by it.
i had a really scary dream saturday night, where katie's parents had me killed, and you were there to help set it up. it was seriously the worst dream i've ever had. i was telling you about some shit i shouldn't have seen, and then when we were leaving the bar, this big guy in a beige trenchcoat saw you, and before i could even say anything he blasted me three times in the throat/chest area with a .357, super fast and close, and as he kept pulling the trigger (no more bullets) you were standing behind him nodding, like "yeah, we got him". dude, i woke up yelling really loud, and i couldn't breathe, plus i was thinking about it all day yesterday. fuck man! let's do lunch tomorrow.
What should I do? I don't think I'm the hit man type.

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I just got this PM from Magic_Jackson and I'm kinda disturbed by it.
    i had a really scary dream saturday night, where katie's parents had me killed, and you were there to help set it up. it was seriously the worst dream i've ever had. i was telling you about some shit i shouldn't have seen, and then when we were leaving the bar, this big guy in a beige trenchcoat saw you, and before i could even say anything he blasted me three times in the throat/chest area with a .357, super fast and close, and as he kept pulling the trigger (no more bullets) you were standing behind him nodding, like "yeah, we got him". dude, i woke up yelling really loud, and i couldn't breathe, plus i was thinking about it all day yesterday. fuck man! let's do lunch tomorrow.

I'd hold off on lunch for a bit

• I just got this PM from Magic_Jackson and I'm kinda disturbed by it.

But he usually pays for lunch.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

But he usually pays for lunch.

LOL

That dream is a bit disturbing though.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    shit, my subaru's bulletproof. (too bad you can't really see the SS sticker)

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Disturbing thing is, it was a nocturnal emission. Thats what MJ told me.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Shocking.

...funny part was mole was trying to give me CPR, before i even got shot!

• Disturbing thing is, it was a nocturnal emission. Thats what MJ told me.
    I guess he didn't wanna mention it but I think that he might have been talk about you when he said this.
    this big guy in a beige trenchcoat
    I don't think he was talkin bout your height.

...funny part was mole was trying to give me CPR, before i even went to bed that night.
    Wow. Man, just, wow....

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Take that shit back to E.F. Bailey son! Lemme holler at some of those green lighters hommie.

• Cap'n Kirk beamin up at 420. OG like Bobby Johnson.
    But on the serious note, I don't know why Magic would have that dream. Anybody
    care to share some insight?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Intense sexual attraction?

I don't know much about dreams but I know that the mind is incapable (apparently) of completely making up a human being in your dreams, so that everyone you dream about is someone you have seen before. Therefore, magic was probably thinking about you before he went to sleep.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

I don't know much about dreams but I know that the mind is incapable (apparently) of completely making up a human being in your dreams, so that everyone you dream about is someone you have seen before. Therefore, magic was probably thinking about you before he went to sleep.

Disagree. I think the mind is completly capable of imagining people and things that don't exist.

- spidey

Therefore, magic was probably thinking about you before he went to sleep.

uh... yeah. isaac is pretty fucking hot.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

Disagree. I think the mind is completly capable of imagining people and things that don't exist.

- spidey
    While you may think that is the case, it is not necesarilly true. According to my friend, I quote:

"that person that attacks you, or whatever, can be a composite of other things you have seen and therefore be unique."

I don't know, I'm a physicist.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I???ve dreamt about a soulstrutter I???ve never met in real life. I dreamt that he was so pissed at me that he came to my parents??? house to complain to them and they kicked him out because they didn???t know who the hell he was. I felt bad he traveled all that way, so I stopped him from getting on the bus and we talked on my parents??? lawn in the dark and smoothed things out and then exchanged file folders containing our respective research papers on various records and political situations.

• Intense sexual attraction?

Hell naw, this foll just respects my gangster.

I???ve dreamt about a soulstrutter I???ve never met in real life. I dreamt that he was so pissed at me that he came to my parents??? house to complain to them and they kicked him out because they didn???t know who the hell he was. I felt bad he traveled all that way, so I stopped him from getting on the bus and we talked on my parents??? lawn in the dark and smoothed things out and then exchanged file folders containing our respective research papers on various records and political situations.

I think you're on this website a little too much.

• and we talked on my parents??? lawn in the dark and smoothed things out

Now that's what I'm talkin bout.

• Intense sexual attraction?
    uh... yeah. isaac
    is pretty hot at fucking with people.

and we talked on my parents??? lawn in the dark and smoothed things out

PS. there were no boobies in this dream.

• and we talked on my parents??? lawn in the dark and smoothed things out

PS. there were no boobies in this dream.
    What about drivin backwards?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    uh... yeah. isaac
    is pretty fucking hot.

What about drivin backwards?

not a Harvest record I like, so no.

• Dreams are just dreams - A crazy involuntary[/b] montage of everything you've experienced in your life being generated (sometimes in a very distorted and alien way) by your unconcious mind while you are experiencing REM sleep.

To my mind, I dont think you can read too much into dreams, especially not in a literal sense. Anyone who has heard someone sleeptalking can appreciate that they generally just talk a lot of shit... dreams work in the same way... its just random output and babble while the mind is doing some housekeeping.

Your subconcious mind is quite a crazy place... and yeah, if 'sane' people walked around acting on congnitions they experience in dreams, they'd make their waking world a crazy place too.

So if your friend had a dream where you were his hitman or something, it really wasn't 'him' at all - he had nothing to do with it.... it was just a bunch of electircal impulses unconciously firing off in a certain (and unfortunate) way in his brain while he was in a dream state... then he woke up and thought 'Fuck THAT!!'

Most of the time, you have no control in any way over what you experience in a dream state.

The fact that he woke up yelling, says something - His concious mind detected what was being generated by his unconcious mind and because he recognised it was such an unlikely and inconceivable scenario, he literally shocked himself awake to get away from it...

(If anything) that says he's a very good friend - cause he wont even tolerate random involuntary dreams about that kind of thing.

In short, its more of a good thing than a bad thing - and definitely nothing to interpret seriously.

PAECE.

• Dreams are just dreams - A crazy involuntary[/b] montage of everything you've experienced in your life being generated (sometimes in a very distorted and alien way) by your unconcious mind while you are experiencing REM sleep.

To my mind, I dont think you can read too much into dreams, especially not in a literal sense. Anyone who has heard someone sleeptalking can appreciate that they generally just talk a lot of shit... dreams work in the same way... its just random output and babble while the mind is doing some housekeeping.

I can see why some agree with this idea, but there is not only extensive research, but much history, culture, and activity which proves otherwise. What seems strange to us is actually alot of forgotten knowledge; not only this but also the fact that our conscious, waking mind is so LIMITED and a reducing valve. Your conscious mind would have to work hard to understand the complexity, meaning, language, and the way of dreams. It's a lifelong process.

Of course dreams, in most cases, should not be taken litetally. However, we can never really read into dreams enough, and one dream can provide numerous forms of guidance, prophecy, information, and self-knowledge, even years afterwards.

it was just a bunch of electircal impulses unconciously firing off in a certain (and unfortunate) way in his brain while he was in a dream state....Most of the time, you have no control in any way over what you experience in a dream state.

There is evidence to suggest that dreams ARE more than what goes on in our brain, and that we can and sometimes DO have control over what happens. All I can say for now is that our mind is not contained within our brain, rather our brain is an instrument for perceiving and processing data to work in conjunction with our broader levels of consciousness, and is contained within our mind.

But on the serious note, I don't know why Magic would have that dream. Anybodycare to share some insight?

I'd be happy to help. PM might be a good avenue, but whatever. All I will say right now is if dreams are like letters telling us important things, nightmares are written in bright red, capitals, with a big OVERDUE stamp on it. What starts as a gentle message can end up as a hungry demon beating down your door, all so you will take notice.

Sleep tight peoples

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I had a dream I was walking home in the rain, and all my records were layed out on the sidewalk, and mad people were walking on em, and they were getting destroyed. For some reason it didnt click in my head that they were mine til I got home. I went back to pick em up, and they were sopping wet and totally wasted. I was screaming, "WHO DID THIS!!!!!" Its weird, cuz every record I picked up was a record I actually own, or have had in the past. Glad I woke up from that one.