13»

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    soulonice is a burgalar of turds so I hear

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

young digger

PS

it's cool, I actually have a couple of American Breed 45's on ATCA that are fairly legit garage tracks...but that LP is doo doo. You're like, "wow, 'Mindrocker,' that sounds dope! Oooh! And they cover 'Something You Got!' Impossible to ruin that song!"

Oh, but it is possible. doo doo.

• soulonice is a burgalar of turds so I hear

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    soulonice is a burgalar of turds so I hear

Don't make me shut this place down.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    YOU GO GIRL

AND YOU STAY THERE YOU STAY THERE

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    On the American Breed tip -- yeah--I sampled it, and it is a stinker. i spent less than a dollar on it, so I'm not too upset. What made me thinkt hey might have been ok was the 45 i have is ok by them, but this--like everyone else said, just flat out sucks.

• found a couple raer stoner rock LPs, anyone have a joint?

(could only find a pic of the sundazed re-ish, my camera is on the blink)

and a nice Astrud side

• Wow, you found an OG josefus??

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    huh huh huh... skulls are cool!

• Aphrodites child-666 lp greek pressing
    Bruce Haack-Electric Lucifer lp
    Fab Five Freddy - Une Salle Histoire 12"
    Keith Jarrett-Koln concert lp
    Anthony Braxton-New york fall 1974 lp
    Ofra Haza-yemenite songs lp (Eric B and Rakim "paid in full" Coldcut Sample
    Don Burrows and George Golla -Duo lp (Oz Jazz flute guitar)
    Gato Barbieri -Caliente lp
    Enoch Light- 4 channel dynamite (coupla good breaks)
    Brazillian Beat-Meireles e sua orquestra vol 2 Lp

I did a market stall and sold some hippy rock to ageing old hippies but one old guy came up and bought a gen krupa lp off me and after chatting a bit told me about his sytem which he spent A$40 000 on. My jaw dropped when he told me he listens to a lot of james last amd bert cumfart on it. On a system like that though i may even become a james last fan

His set up is Rega p9 TurnTable with a Pathos Amp and Sonus Faber Speakers.

• Nice digs. Heptones had an LP way back then distributed by RCA??

[KL] It's one of the Island "Collectors Edition" series, I have a best of the wailers that is really fucking tough and Burning Spear "rocking time" on that press as well. They are not particularly raer and I would be surprised if any of them fetch over $40. The cover is of the LP "Heptones On Top", originally on Studio One, don't know if that's what the tracks are all from.

The OG Studio One is classic. And yes, I

[/KL]

• man everyone killin it as always. is that buffalo a US pressing? i found...

hapshash & the coloured coat -featuring the human host and the heavy metal kids original mono lp

eire apparent - sunrise produced by hendrix og

the moon - without earth original mono

bruce mackay lp on oro/esp

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    and a nice Astrud side

Nice finds, Hook_Up

That Astrud Gilberto has a version of "Take it easy my brother Charles" that is soooo cool.

I only found Selected Sound 17 - Blue butterfly

Peace

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Belated weekend finds from a digging trip i went on with my girl!

You'll have to ask Firebird75 for fabricraerpics

• I did a market stall and sold some hippy rock to ageing old hippies but one old guy came up and bought a gen krupa lp off me and after chatting a bit told me about his sytem which he spent A$40 000 on. My jaw dropped when he told me he listens to a lot of james last amd bert cumfart on it. On a system like that though i may even become a james last fan

His set up is Rega p9 TurnTable with a Pathos Amp and Sonus Faber Speakers.

That is an amazing system. Why do audiophiles listen to the crappiest music?

Go ask an audiophile about his quest for a truly mint half speed master of BOSTON or something.

An audiophile friend of mine has a 10k system and owns about a half dozen CDs. For the longest time it was "nevermind" on repeat forever.

• Options
    Nice digs. Heptones had an LP way back then distributed by RCA??

[KL] It's one of the Island "Collectors Edition" series, I have a best of the wailers that is really fucking tough and Burning Spear "rocking time" on that press as well. They are not particularly raer and I would be surprised if any of them fetch over $40. The cover is of the LP "Heptones On Top", originally on Studio One, don't know if that's what the tracks are all from.

[/KL]

As important as any Curtis LP IMO. I remember having that collector press way back - I think it was their Perry material (though bassed-down for the non-reggae folk to be more accepting) If I remmeber correctly, there's a heptones on United with all the studio 1 stuff.

J's right about the picture being taken from the Studio 1 Lp "Heptones On Top".

Patry Time Studio 1 vs Party Time Black Ark vs PArty Time Phill PRatt

Who you got?

K in Canada.

• last couple of days

laurindo almeida-bach in ground blues & greens (remembered somebody on here mentioned it, it's pretty nice)

east coast-s/t (on encounter, double) this is a monster i'm suprised more people aren't up on this record

lionel hampton-off in a black thing (very dissapointed in this record but what did i expect it's lionel hampton!)

neal creque-creque (clean but some kind of weird pocks on the vinyl make it sound like heals of a boot grinding down on the record when i play it) and no that isn't my carpet btw.
    i gres-volume 2
    peter kuhn quintet-livin right (small label free jazz which i can't find any price info on the internet)
    romano mussolini-mirage (haven't gotten it yet but should be here any day now, I'm siked about this one hope it gets here before thanksgiving)
    dizzy reece-possession exorcism and peace
    dick mcgarvin-peaceful (this is a favorite of mine, small label jazz with some funky cuts and the mellow fender cut peaceful)

and about 33 25 cent modern soul records which I'll be slanging soon enough.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

dick mcgarvin-peaceful (this is a favorite of mine, small label jazz with some funky cuts and the mellow fender cut peaceful)

This record is incredible super chilled out love it honey bear records or sumthing right?

• east coast-s/t (on encounter, double) this is a monster i'm suprised more people aren't up on this record

What's this sound like Dave?

• dick mcgarvin-peaceful (this is a favorite of mine, small label jazz with some funky cuts and the mellow fender cut peaceful)

This record is incredible super chilled out love it honey bear records or sumthing right?

Mine has the insert and it is HI LAR IOUS.

• Nice digs. Heptones had an LP way back then distributed by RCA??

[/KL]

As important as any Curtis LP IMO. I remember having that collector press way back - I think it was their Perry material (though bassed-down for the non-reggae folk to be more accepting) If I remmeber correctly, there's a heptones on United with all the studio 1 stuff.

J's right about the picture being taken from the Studio 1 Lp "Heptones On Top".

Patry Time Studio 1 vs Party Time Black Ark vs PArty Time Phill PRatt

Who you got?

K in Canada.

"On Top" Studio One silkscreen, "rosette" logo

"Party Time" Island/Mango

• Between a digging trip I went on Saturday and the ATL record show on Sunday, I brought home close to 300 singles this weekend. Not gonna type them all up, but here's one non-record find that may indicate what a good weekend it was.

• Between a digging trip I went on Saturday and the ATL record show on Sunday, I brought home close to 300 singles this weekend. Not gonna type them all up, but here's one non-record find that may indicate what a good weekend it was.

"Free Breakfast"?!?!?!?

• "Free Breakfast"?!?!?!?

That's called Macon hospitality!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Between a digging trip I went on Saturday and the ATL record show on Sunday, I brought home close to 300 singles this weekend. Not gonna type them all up, but here's one non-record find that may indicate what a good weekend it was.

Hey Br*an.
    How was the ATL rec. show? The next one's in January, right?
    Still no leads on any good 45's here in Columbus. I'm just going to hit up Alabama more often (Montgomery).

• Hey Br*an.
    Still no leads on any good 45's here in Columbus. I'm just going to hit up Alabama more often (Montgomery).

The ATL show was actually pretty weak. I was in by 8 and out by 10:30 with loads of unspent money in my wallet. One new 45 dealer with loads of 45s, but after a couple of boxes, I was of the opinion that he mostly had crap and I gave up. High probability of a diamond in the rough though. I left that to K.W. from Athens to find though. I did find a few surprising things, but nothing earth shattering. My best deal of the day for me was Willard Burton's "Funky In Here" for what probably works out to about $4 as it was in a larger stack I paid a flat price for.

• Hey Br*an.

The ATL show was actually pretty weak. I was in by 8 and out by 10:30 with loads of unspent money in my wallet. One new 45 dealer with loads of 45s, but after a couple of boxes, I was of the opinion that he mostly had crap and I gave up. High probability of a diamond in the rough though. I left that to K.W. from Athens to find though. I did find a few surprising things, but nothing earth shattering. My best deal of the day for me was Willard Burton's "Funky In Here" for what probably works out to about $4 as it was in a larger stack I paid a flat price for. [/b]

That my friend is a steal. Quality record...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Hey Br*an.

The ATL show was actually pretty weak. I was in by 8 and out by 10:30 with loads of unspent money in my wallet. One new 45 dealer with loads of 45s, but after a couple of boxes, I was of the opinion that he mostly had crap and I gave up. High probability of a diamond in the rough though. I left that to K.W. from Athens to find though. I did find a few surprising things, but nothing earth shattering. My best deal of the day for me was Willard Burton's "Funky In Here" for what probably works out to about $4 as it was in a larger stack I paid a flat price for.
    Cool.

Dude, I hate to say it but I think records in GA has pretty much dried up. Whether that's nonsense or not, it just seems like that to me. I haven't been up to the ATL rec. show yet. The only show that I went to was the Birmingham rec. show, which wasn't that bad. Not crazy but not weak neither.

I really think there's some crazy stuff in Montgomery though.