funk motor - mr. melody

CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
hello fellow strutters,first and foremost, pardon the little dudeness that may be apparent in this post, but i am no collectro of hip hop vinyl.however, i did stop by my local goodwill after work which had several promos of profile, 4th and b'way, etc. and i figured i should pick some up for the hell of it, could be worth a listen (also grabbed a nice beaver and krause and some private press hindu-guru record which is supremely bizarre, pics of the latter coming in weekend finds thread).anyway, i found this 12" promo of "funk motor" by mr. melody...i'm liking it...can't find any google info about the label or the guy except that it's apparently from philly and a few european sellers are stocking it on ebay. did this guy record any other material? was this a private press joint or did "on the rap side records" have any other releases? please to help thx.

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    thats funny you post this. i am working on a mixtape and that track is on it.

dont know much about dude either.

• all I know is that steroid arm (a white one, no less!) busting through the colored pencil brick wall is on some genius shit. what's the hell? usually the ill graphic is confined to the label but no it's like hey your cousin spent all day coloring that shit in, why not just put it on the cover?

all time great random (does this count as random?) rap single sleeve. up there in terms of crude pre-CGI glory with chill divine.

• all I know is that steroid arm (a white one, no less!) busting through the colored pencil brick wall is on some genius shit. what's the hell? usually the ill graphic is confined to the label but no it's like hey your cousin spent all day coloring that shit in, why not just put it on the cover?

all time great random (does this count as random?) rap single sleeve. up there in terms of crude pre-CGI glory with chill divine.

see i missed out on all that roid raging brick wall smashing glory, i got the simple white label promo. nice track nonetheless. instrumental and vocal versions are same length, so one can theoretically extract the accapella via phase inversion too. something to look into for the accapella thread? perhaps.

• LITTLE DUDE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• LITTLE DUDE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone call the cops

oh shi