question (Blue note related)

mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I just came up on a real nice lot of Blue Note ish.Anybody know on what relase they switched to the all blue label from the blue and white?I know it's usually a sign of a second press if the label is all blue on an older Blue Note but I don't know when they switched to the blue label on OG's.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    labels turned all blue in the mid 70's - 74 or 75 maybe. but, there are a slew of aother variations.

• I just came up on a real nice lot of Blue Note ish.

Anybody know on what relase they switched to the all blue label from the blue and white?

I know it's usually a sign of a second press if the label is all blue on an older Blue Note but I don't know when they switched to the blue label on OG's.

I think they were interchangeable; you're forgetting about the label design they had in '69-'70 (?) that was blue and black and styled similar to Liberty, who was distributing the label at the time...and I've seen the classic blue-and-white on Donald Byrd's Black Byrd, which was '73...but that label seemed to be totally gone after '74. (Obviously I'm not counting the 80's revival...)