KARAOKE BANGERS

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
cmon. what song you killing?get the party started - pinkfriends in low places - garth brookswe belong - pat benetar

Comments

• tried and true:

I like sex
    Spinning Wheel
    Just The Two Of Us
    Yesterday

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    My only Karaoke moment was a duet of "Ebony and Ivory" with a very large Mexican dude at last call somewhere in southern California. My wife said "Yeah you guys where great.....uhm ....uh .....yeah it was good!"

• Dancing with Myself-Billy Idol and Generation X

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Spinning Wheel - BS&T

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

tried and true:

I like sex

• janet jackson - nasty
    van halen - unchained
    cheap trick - surrender

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    What you won't do for love
    Love on the rocks
    Windy Lady - Yamashita Tatsuro

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    1.) smoke gets in your eyes/platters version... i kill this shit.
    2.) jet/wings... ditto.
    xo -matt

• awallawall 673 Posts
    the flea market here in santa cruz has free karaoke. a couple weeks ago after i found that linda perhacs album for a dollar i saw some 50-something ex-hesher with bright orange high top converse do "mental health" and then i ate a churro. it was like the best day of my life..

• DING DONG DAAAAYYYNNNNG Shig you comin with the heat record day topic!

usually i'm too drunk to remember what i sang. the song is just part of the karaoke experience for me. the memory of the people and associated experiences are important too.

my most memoriable song was war-why cant we be friends

i like sex (keyna freestyle version) was off the hook

ive never picked it personally but love to sing along to sister christian.

i like sweating to the oldies, so im your puppet is always a standout.

ive tried to sing a bunch of 80s song but often find i only remember the chorus and have no idea about the verse.

breaking into someone elses room to sing along to we got the beat creating a karaoke overthrow made that night for me.

• tried and true:

mmmmmbop oooop bop mmmmmmm ooooop bop bop bop bop bop bop mmmmmmmmbop

• janet jackson - nasty

I chose this for Justin last time. YOU MISSED OUT.

• Bon Jovi-- Shot through the Heart or Living on a Prayer
    Guns'n'Roses-- Paradise City or Welcome to the Jungle
    Eurythmics-- Sweet Dreams
    Nina-- 99 Luftballoons
    Sam and Dave-- Soul Man

• janet jackson - nasty

I chose this for Justin last time. YOU MISSED OUT.

i put in all cried out by lisa lisa and he about fell over. i think he wouldve killed someone if they just didnt hand him the mic.

• usually i'm too drunk to remember what i sang.

damn i was just telling m*k*e that if there was a hardcore karaoke night i would kill that shit. stage diving, spin kicking, punching people in the face and screaming has the edge gone duuuuuuuuuuull!!!! all while i spill my beer on them.

but yo gr33n3y3s remind me about that straight-edge shit when you come to la and i ask you if you want another blueberry bagel.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I'm thinking about picking this one up:

I would be so stoked to belt out a rousing rendition of Hola Amigos

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    My karaoke philosophy is performing songs with a working-class feel to them -- I'm talking butt-rock joints that get the blue-collar masses riled up.

Starship's "We Built This City" and Kiss' "Lick it Up" will absolutely destroy a bar on any given night.

• Man-Eater

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    BS&T -- Spinning Wheel is a staple of mine and a lot of others I see too.

I just did this for the first time Monday, to a pretty good response

Barry Manilow -- Copacabana

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Journey - when the lights go down (I think that's the name of it)

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    DO NOT TEST my reinditions of "Just a Gigolo" and "Pour Some Sugar On Me"

OTIS DOING THE CARS "LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL" =

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Alltime fave- Guns n Roses- patience

I wanna sex you up

I like big butts and I cannot lie

C+C Music Factory- everybody dance now, duet with the hommie Breck

Magical Jackson does a great Feliz Navidad in the middle of summer complete with pogo dancing.

I like to sabotage friends and just choose the worst songs ever for them. Its worth it just to see their face when their name gets called. I chose that Rick Astley song for MJ and he was like I don't this song. Next thing you know he's like, neva gonna give neva gonna give neva gonna give you up. He nailed it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Magical Jackson does a great Feliz Navidad in the middle of summer complete with pogo dancing.

I like to sabotage friends and just choose the worst songs ever for them. Its worth it just to see their face when their name gets called. I chose that Rick Astley song for MJ and he was like I don't this song. Next thing you know he's like, neva gonna give neva gonna give neva gonna give you up. He nailed it.
    i will post mpg of mole singing richard marx after work.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    ugh, plaese don't. That shit was horrendous.

• "Ol' Black Water" by the Doobie Brothers because you can really get the crowd into the call and response at the end.

Let me add that Terry_Clubbup totally pulled of Judas Priest "You Got Another Thing Comin'" on his recent visit to SF.

• I chose that Rick Astley song for MJ and he was like I don't this song. Next thing you know he's like, neva gonna give neva gonna give neva gonna give you up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Let me add that Terry_Clubbup totally pulled of Judas Priest "You Got Another Thing Comin'" on his recent visit to SF.

Goddam that is my shit right there. You need a karoake version with a good guitar solo in it to take it to place it was meant to be.

If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by
    You're thinkin' like a fool cause it's a case of do or die
    Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
    You think I'll let it go you're mad
    You've got another thing comin'

If that ain't heavy metal Shakespeare then I ain't living.

Last time she was in Portland, after the show Sharon Jones went across the street to a karoake bar, ordered a steak and supposedly burnt the place down doing "Respect". Sheeet .

• I half remember going to some karoake bar somewhere in atlanta that was all old bikers screamin shit like black sabbath.. indeed.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    What you won't do for love
    + Get Down On It

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I am proud to say that I killed it with "Maggie May" once.

But Blondie's "Rapture" was DISASTER. Especially the chorus.