Primo Exec. Producing next nas album featuring jay

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
***WARNING, JACKED THREAD, POSSIBLE RUMORS ABOUND****On the cover of Scratch Magazine, are Nas and DJ Premier. Apparently Primo is the exec producer of Nas' next album. "He is that producer that brings the intensity out of me, which makes my rhymes sharper", says Nas of Premier. Who can argue? NY State of Mind parts I and II, Second Childhood, and of course, Nas is Like. Primo is also working on (get this) Christian Aguilera's project after which he will dedicate his full time to Nas. There was supposed to be a Nas/Primo song on "Streets' Disciple" but executive producer, Steve Stout and Sony bumped it, which will now make Lost Tapes II.My brother did a track with Nas two weeks ago. Nas is working with Dre & Vidal (Oh ??? Ciara, Usher ??? Caught Up) on a track or two. Nas confirmed that he is definitely doing some work with Jay (potentially an album) after they work out his situation between Sony and Def Jam. Dre and Vidal won???t let the track out of the studio yet (for good reason cause it???s bangin) so I can???t let you hear it yet but it was actually a song that **** and his partner had already done. Nas was feeling ****???s verse and the hook so he had him hop on.DAMmmmmNNNNNN......would this be THAT REALLL SHCITTTT????!

Comments

• These things ly get done.

I wanna believe, but I've been burned too many times . . .

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• ***WARNING, JACKED THREAD, POSSIBLE RUMORS ABOUND****

On the cover of Scratch Magazine, are Nas and DJ Premier. Apparently Primo is the exec producer of Nas' next album. "He is that producer that brings the intensity out of me, which makes my rhymes sharper", says Nas of Premier. Who can argue? NY State of Mind parts I and II, Second Childhood, and of course, Nas is Like. Primo is also working on (get this) Christian Aguilera's project after which he will dedicate his full time to Nas. There was supposed to be a Nas/Primo song on "Streets' Disciple" but executive producer, Steve Stout and Sony bumped it, which will now make Lost Tapes II.

My brother did a track with Nas two weeks ago. Nas is working with Dre & Vidal (Oh ??? Ciara, Usher ??? Caught Up) on a track or two. Nas confirmed that he is definitely doing some work with Jay (potentially an album) after they work out his situation between Sony and Def Jam. Dre and Vidal won???t let the track out of the studio yet (for good reason cause it???s bangin) so I can???t let you hear it yet but it was actually a song that **** and his partner had already done. Nas was feeling ****???s verse and the hook so he had him hop on.

DAMmmmmNNNNNN......would this be THAT REALLL SHCITTTT????!

Man I hate to say this but maybe Primo exec.producing Nas album is a bad thing. Maybe if this was pre "Ownerz" but man I really don't see Primo being anything to a hindurance at this point. Maybe if I had some of today's "real schitt" beat makers on board (alcehmist, jake, vitamin, just blaze, nottz, and others more) and some more rugged jawns from timbo or clipse-esque production from Pharrell.

P.Sobbing

• exec.producing is not saying he is going to produce the whole album...this is going to be ill. They have been talking about this for a long time now..

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

***WARNING, JACKED THREAD, POSSIBLE RUMORS ABOUND****

On the cover of Scratch Magazine, are Nas and DJ Premier. Apparently Primo is the exec producer of Nas' next album. "He is that producer that brings the intensity out of me, which makes my rhymes sharper", says Nas of Premier. Who can argue? NY State of Mind parts I and II, Second Childhood, and of course, Nas is Like. Primo is also working on (get this) Christian Aguilera's project after which he will dedicate his full time to Nas. There was supposed to be a Nas/Primo song on "Streets' Disciple" but executive producer, Steve Stout and Sony bumped it, which will now make Lost Tapes II.

My brother did a track with Nas two weeks ago. Nas is working with Dre & Vidal (Oh ??? Ciara, Usher ??? Caught Up) on a track or two. Nas confirmed that he is definitely doing some work with Jay (potentially an album) after they work out his situation between Sony and Def Jam. Dre and Vidal won???t let the track out of the studio yet (for good reason cause it???s bangin) so I can???t let you hear it yet but it was actually a song that **** and his partner had already done. Nas was feeling ****???s verse and the hook so he had him hop on.

Man I hate to say this but maybe Primo exec.producing Nas album is a bad thing. Maybe if this was pre "Ownerz" but man I really don't see Primo being anything to a hindurance at this point. Maybe if I had some of today's "real schitt" beat makers on board (alcehmist, jake, vitamin, just blaze, nottz, and others more) and some more rugged jawns from timbo or clipse-esque production from Pharrell.

P.Sobbing

In a shocking turn of events it appears to have fallen to me to rep that real schitt.

Did you even hear that double LP that Nas schitted out this time last year? You don't think Primo would be an improvement over the production on that terd?

And have you ever heard Nas sounding good over a Timbaland or Neptunes production? It just never seems to come together... I think Primo may have what Nas needs, and working with an MC of Nas's caliber may be what Primo needs to reinvigorate him creatively.

All of that said, I doubt that this will ever actually happen.

• ***WARNING, JACKED THREAD, POSSIBLE RUMORS ABOUND****

P.Sobbing

In a shocking turn of events it appears to have fallen to me to rep that real schitt.

Did you even hear that double LP that Nas schitted out this time last year? You don't think Primo would be an improvement over the production on that terd?

And have you ever heard Nas sounding good over a Timbaland or Neptunes production? It just never seems to come together... I think Primo may have what Nas needs, and working with an MC of Nas's caliber may be what Primo needs to reinvigorate him creatively.

All of that said, I doubt that this will ever actually happen.

Can PeteRock get some love..? After the 1st lp....Nas never checks for him, he got large pro..primo etc.. but no peterock!!??? whos world is this

So the board's representatives of that real schitt are going to let this slip completely off the front page?

I would have thought that this would be a revelation of face-melting importance to you dudes.

• In a shocking turn of events it appears to have fallen to me to rep that real schitt.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    So the board's representatives of that real schitt are going to let this slip completely off the front page?

I would have thought that this would be a revelation of face-melting importance to you dudes.

there's just too much (doubtful) speculation going on here. i'd rather let it slip off of the front pages of my mind than keep it up front only to be disappointed.
    DIE dreams of nas' revival, DIE!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Yes it would if both parties bring that fire. I hope this happens.

• time will tell, i except nothin spectular.
    eh, isn??t a rakim + premier/dr. dre lp also in the pipeline?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Yeah really! I dunno if this will happen, but im exited for it. Primo executive producing is a good idea. Cause even if hes not doing ALL the beats, he can run around and scream about stuff not being THAT REAL SCHITT when things start going off track. I think nas NEEDS that kind of discipline. I would also like to see nas and jay together on something. And a couple just blaze beats, which jay should be able to hook up for him.

Wheres our THAT REAL SCHITTT!!! graemlin?

I think it should be a picture of phil.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

I think it should be a picture of phil.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    should we trust premos taste in other peoples beats?

I think it should be a picture of dr phil.[/b]

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I was just thinking back for a second and it hit me...there is a slight chance of hope.

Remember that time after the firm and nas was falling of the radar. Than you hear of a new album...and check the new video... hear the beat drop and that premo scratch chorud

NAS IS LIKE!!

At that time I was whilin out. It was a reviving only one man could bring...

so yeah man maybe again... who knows...

ps: Rakim is the same thing for when i be on the mic. That dre album is neva gonna exist though (king tee nooooo........)

• In honor of record day--and in sideways tribute to all the wine I had tonight at Dave Tompkins' reading--here's a bit of throwback Nasness, straight from the Jones' mouth, while Kelis was splayed out on the bed watching him swing from good mood to bad and back. As you can tell by those nosedives in the background, here is Nas A HREF=http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~hhsu/b612/juice.mp3>setting adrift to memory bliss while listening to a song called "The Bridge."/A> Note the way he says "girls...beautiful girls" in a totally non-mackish way. A HREF=http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~hhsu/b612/1980.mp3>This/A> is the only time I got him to speak about Jay, and it was all circular-like. I played him Poet and he started riffing about the history of rap beef and how it was really real back then. I would not like to be on the receiving end of Just-Ice's shotgun.

In honor of record day--and in sideways tribute to all the wine I had tonight at Dave Tompkins' reading--here's a bit of throwback Nasness, straight from the Jones' mouth, while Kelis was splayed out on the bed watching him swing from good mood to bad and back. As you can tell by those nosedives in the background, here is Nas A HREF=http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~hhsu/b612/juice.mp3>setting adrift to memory bliss while listening to a song called "The Bridge."/A> Note the way he says "girls...beautiful girls" in a totally non-mackish way. A HREF=http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~hhsu/b612/1980.mp3>This/A> is the only time I got him to speak about Jay, and it was all circular-like. I played him Poet and he started riffing about the history of rap beef and how it was really real back then. I would not like to be on the receiving end of Just-Ice's shotgun.

dayum, cool shit. good call on the non-mack styles of nas, he definitely sounds like he was a bit jealous of shan's honies. when were these interviews from and what were they for?
    thanks for sharing

• it's from an interview I did with him for urb, right before god's son. ("I Can" sounded so much cooler when he was explaning it: "My man used the Honeydrippers drums...") I made a tape of obvious stuff (cee and rud, wild style, shan, olu dara, etc) and got his reactions--it was an interesting interview cause Nas seems to have some weird bipolar tendencies. At one point, Nas turned to Kelis during "Do the James" and was like, You remember this? It didn't register; she then laughed that he's like "Mr. Quiz Man." Oh yeah--Mr. Quiz Man! Anyhow there's a Roxanne Shante riff that's really funny that I'll get around to posting some day.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    hsulu-nice post...remember to drink lots of water 'cause wine can do you in the next day. i can't front h**, i'm jealous man...kickin' it with nas sounds crazy. you gotta play me that whole interview sometime.

ps: Rakim is the same thing for when i be on the mic. That dre album is neva gonna exist though (king tee nooooo........)

Guys, if Rakim never drops another album, it's not gonna be Dre's fault... they parted ways more than two years ago. Read up on your readups.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Post deleted by SouthCrackalack

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

sorry, I dont know how to resize

and isnt a trip looking back and seeing how young allen is there

My analogy iz about over-hyped reunions. What's your about?

• sorry, I dont know how to resize

and isnt a trip looking back and seeing how young allen is there

My analogy iz about over-hyped reunions. What's your about?

who knows. i just wanted to post a picture of a good coach and player I guess. Sorry.

• -

And have you ever heard Nas sounding good over a Timbaland or Neptunes production?

'You won't see me tonight' was a pretty hot track.

I agree with the second part though, I've never heard a good nas + neps track.

That track is pretty forgettable to me; it succeeds most notably in being the one sex-related rhyme dude has ever done that doesn't make me downright uncomfortable to listen to... although he does bizarrely crown himself "the most wanted baby father" in it.

• -

And have you ever heard Nas sounding good over a Timbaland or Neptunes production?

'You won't see me tonight' was a pretty hot track.

I agree with the second part though, I've never heard a good nas + neps track.

That track is pretty forgettable to me; it succeeds most notably in being the one sex-related rhyme dude has ever done that doesn't make me downright uncomfortable to listen to... although he does bizarrely crown himself "the most wanted baby father" in it.

For a forgettable track, you sure are quick to quote it (from memory?).

And yeah, Nas needs to stay away from the sex-rhymes, so not a good look for dude.

Picture us married, you and me; K-I-S-S-I-N-G
    I remember the first time, girl you and me; F-U-C-K-I-N-G

...Used to run my bubble bath, tons of laughs, sexy chick
    Mad skills, she used to try to eat my excrement...

• ...Used to run my bubble bath, tons of laughs, sexy chick
    Mad skills, she used to try to eat my excrement...

Nothing says "sexy chick" quite like a woman with shit in her mouth.