the new mastersounds RECORD RELATED

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
ya'll got this? new music that sounds like old funky music. very well done by u.k. musicians.peace, stein. . .

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I absolutely love love love "Your Love Is Mine"

such a great song....

• This is a great band, especially live. We've had them play at our club a number of times and they always rock it. They backed up Lou Donaldson at one of our big party's last year as well, that was off the scale, 1000 people goin' nuts and Lou was really pleased to be playing with a young, eager and totally funked up band!

A great record to look out for by The Mastersounds is 'Butter Yo Popcorn' released on the new french 45 label, Soul Cookers

They are also heading stateside quite a lot these days for small tours, going down well apparently.

we love them!

• I absolutely love love love "Your Love Is Mine"

such a great song....

I heart your taste (no ayo please ); couldn't agree more!

• ericeric 155 Posts
    Don't know if you guys had the chance to see them live,...they on stage
    2 hours of show without a pause,they are amazing musician and really nice guys.

Check the website
    http://www.newmastersounds.com

• They have a cover version of "Work it Out" by Beyonce. Get's the night going every time!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    i remember being at a club couple years ago my boy dj senior storm played a track of their first album produced by keb darge, it was late and id been drinkin but it was totally off any scale at that moment, thought it was some crazy oldschool champ sounding organ funk, i was very suprised when he showed me the cover...

• ya'll got this? new music that sounds like old funky music. very well done by u.k. musicians.
    peace, stein. . .

hell yea! they've released a 45 on soulcookers (small france label) and have currently a new 45 of the upcoming new album released. both dope &

• They have a cover version of "Work it Out" by Beyonce. Get's the night going every time!

Sure you're not thinking of SPEEDOMETER..?

But NMS are the dopeness.

• They performed in my hometown two weeks ago. It was a great show! The drummer is great, the guitar player is incredible and the bass player and the guy on the hammond are funky. Afterparty was by Keb Darge (He 'discovered' the New Mastersounds and released their first record), it was great.