edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Carbon copy, or just me?

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

• slushslush 691 Posts
    damn i never made that Braxton connectionl. thats cool.. and it definitely explains a few things. but certainly not about Anthony's math equations

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

I always thought this was his pop:

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I don't know if you're joking or not, but while this is a popular rumour there's no relation...

• I'm surprised no one's dropped this obvious one...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I was joking dukes, Ollie Baba looks hella like Inspectah Deck, but I dunno any of their backdrops. Are any of these actual besides Nas?
    Peace
    T.N.

• I was joking dukes, Ollie Baba looks hella like Inspectah Deck, but I dunno any of their backdrops. Are any of these actual besides Nas?

Peace

T.N.

the Braxton one is real.

also, Neneh Cherry is Don Cherry's stepdaughter.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I always thought this was his pop:

I was joking dukes, Ollie Baba looks hella like Inspectah Deck, but I dunno any of their backdrops. Are any of these actual besides Nas?
    Peace
    T.N.

I never lie on this forum. Bobby McFerrin's son is a very good beatboxer. Phife's mom is an ill spoken word poetess. Anthony Braxton's son does weird shit with loops.

• I was joking dukes, Ollie Baba looks hella like Inspectah Deck, but I dunno any of their backdrops. Are any of these actual besides Nas?
    Peace
    T.N.

I never lie on this forum. Bobby McFerrin's son is a very good beatboxer. Phife's mom is an ill spoken word poetess. Anthony Braxton's son does weird shit with loops.

i played a gig once w/ Bobby McFerrin's son's band. they were kind of [cue hacky sack jpeg] but i'm not hattin.

my contribution: Marion Brown/ Djinji Brown

i played a gig once w/ Bobby McFerrin's son's band. they were kind of [cue hacky sack jpeg] but i'm not hattin.

Hey, it's live hip hop from Williamsburg what did you expect?! I played at a gig with them where one of the rappers did his bit all while looking at himself in a mirror behind the stage - back turned to the audience. definition of

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

I think Wille Hutch was Hutch's uncle and not his dad.

Am I tripping or did I once hear the Ricky Bell (Biv Devoe) is son of Ronald Bell (Kool & The Gang)?
    FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1132331464BigSpliff">

Huh?[/b]
    trippin
    flippin
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    His father, Otis Jackson Sr., is an accomplished bandleader and studio player who???s worked with everyone from Tina Turner to Bobby ???Blue??? Bland to Johnnie Taylor. His mother, Sinesca Jackson, is a songwriter and the third generation in a line of accomplished female folk and blues guitarists. His uncle, renowned trumpeter Jon Faddis, is jazz director at Carnegie Hall and a former Dizzy Gillespie prot??g and one time trumpeter for Dizzy Gillespie, Roy Ayers and Bob James.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    His father, Otis Jackson Sr., is an accomplished bandleader and studio player who???s worked with everyone from Tina Turner to Bobby ???Blue??? Bland to Johnnie Taylor. His mother, Sinesca Jackson, is a songwriter and the third generation in a line of accomplished female folk and blues guitarists. His uncle, renowned trumpeter Jon Faddis, is jazz director at Carnegie Hall and a former Dizzy Gillespie prot??g and one time trumpeter for Dizzy Gillespie, Roy Ayers and Bob James.

file this one under "SOUL dads of hip hop dudes"

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

I don't know if you're joking or not, but while this is a popular rumour there's no relation...

ok, color me
    i remember hearing this, disbelieving it, then hearing it on the radio and being convinved. now i'm just thoroughly