diggin in your own stacks pt 3981

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
sleepin on your own records...found this little 45 gem yesterday, I am thinking I might have copped this a while back, pre-portable, brought it home and was "ugggh, some wimpy northern soul crap" and tossed it in the pile. Well, either wimpy northern soul is starting to sound good to me, or I underestimated the coolness of it from the get-go:anyone else discovering their own records lately?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Glenn Jones - Everybody loves a winner, mini-lp

It's pretty common and I'm not that big on the modern soul but this one is heat.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

It's pretty common and I'm not that big on the modern soul but this one is heat.

one of my former avatars

its not that common an EP. Goes for between $40 & $75 on Ebay

I got 2 in the same day and havent seen one since. Traded one away to Jake "I like you a whole lot cause you worked with De La Soul" One

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

one of my former avatars

its not that common an EP. Goes for between $40 & $75 on Ebay

I got 2 in the same day and havent seen one since. Traded one away to Jake "I like you a whole lot cause you worked with De La Soul" One

Damn, I've seen that joint at least 3 times this year alone. I never picked it up because I knew I had it somewhere. I got spots to peep.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Damn, I've seen that joint at least 3 times this year alone.

I need to dig where you dig, cashless!

SG

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I was going through some 45s last week to make a sale list and I instinctively threw in my 9th Creation - Let's Dance 45 because I recalled not liking it when I found it years ago. Then as I'm going through my final sales list to check condition and take pictures I decide to put it on for some reason and oh shit... it's the sample for Romanowski's Party in my Pants, a track I play out all the time. I give it a full listen and realize that it's a pretty dope song. Good thing I gave it one last chance!

DJ Ferrari

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    On the subject of rediscovered 45's i rediscovered my parent's stash after payion them a visit yesterday. I had checked all their LPs before but found 45's yesterday after thinking they did not have any. A lot of african stuff with nice sleeve/covers I'll post that tomorrow on record day.