Young Buck Vs. Ghostface.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    How about Buck 65 v. Young Buck? Now that's a more even contest.

ghostface.
    you seriously think you'd even consider listening to a young buck record in 5 years?

Yes... as likely as I will be to reach for The Pretty Tony Album.

And, by the way, this is a ridiculous and incredibly presumptuous argument.

• Young Buck needs to get off of G-Unit before there's a backlash. Dude is certified MVP of the crew but 50 would never allow anyone to get more popularity in his crew than him. This is probably the root of the Game/50 beef, 50 realized he gave a better album to the Game and came to regret it.

Young Buck needs to get off of G-Unit before there's a backlash. Dude is certified MVP of the crew but 50 would never allow anyone to get more popularity in his crew than him. This is probably the root of the Game/50 beef, 50 realized he gave a better album to the Game and came to regret it.

This is a cute theory, but I don't think it has that much basis in reality.

Buck's album sold ~1 million and Fifty's last one sold ~5 million; there's a whole lot of room there for Buck to increase his sales--which Fifty makes more money off of than Buck does--without eclipsing Fifty.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    make that

Ghostface > Young Buck

G Unit < Theodore Unit

from the title i thought they got into a fist fight or something because otherwise there is

no contest.

• which Fifty makes more money off of than Buck does

All the more reason for him to get off G-Unit. It's nice to think that 50 would sit back and enjoy Young Buck getting the same sales as him and console himself with the fact that he's getting a lot of that paper. But I don't think 50 would respond that way. He feels threatened and he reacts, that's the dude's M.O.

which Fifty makes more money off of than Buck does

All the more reason for him to get off G-Unit.

Huh? Perhaps that's a seperate argument for why Buck should try to get off G-Unit, but it doesn't support your claim that Fifty is stifling Buck's sales.

Let's be realistic for a moment here: Buck does not have Fifty-type sales potential. He's just not that type of artist.

Unless any of you guys know Fifty personally, your psychologizing of him just isn't very interesting.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    how connected to the streets are you if you have 1000+ posts on a message board?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    how connected to the streets are you if you have 1000+ posts on a message board?

Trustafundians that listen to Rob Sonic that dissed "Still Tippin'" = street connections

• Unless any of you guys know Fifty personally, your psychologizing of him just isn't very interesting.

Are you kidding? This dude's whole career is the retelling of his life story, in print, music, film...why would it be necessary to know him?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    When & how did ghostface get so popular among white hipsters?

the amount of collegiate types riding this guys dick reminds me of how it used to be for kool keith years ago.

I anyone who chooses young buck is just trying to be difficult though...

---

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Young Buck Vs Ghostface?

What's next: Africa Bambatta Vs Cunninlynguists?

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    which Fifty makes more money off of than Buck does

All the more reason for him to get off G-Unit.

Huh? Perhaps that's a seperate argument for why Buck should try to get off G-Unit, but it doesn't support your claim that Fifty is stifling Buck's sales.

Let's be realistic for a moment here: Buck does not have Fifty-type sales potential. He's just not that type of artist.

Unless any of you guys know Fifty personally, your psychologizing of him just isn't very interesting.

Take that shit to G-unit-sales-strategy.com!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Young Buck Vs Ghostface?

who's cunninlynguists?

Young Buck Vs Ghostface?

Seriously, though... Where the fuck does a comparison like this even come from?

• "since the face been revealed - game got real

Radio been gassing niggas - my imposters scream the ill

I'm the inventer - 86 ryming at the center

Debut 93 LP told you to enter"

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    "since the face been revealed - game got real
    Radio been gassing niggas - my imposters scream the ill
    I'm the inventer - 88 ryming at the center
    Debut 93 LP told you to enter"

Hence the avatar.

Yes, GFK is that dude. Anybody who rocks a fucking stocking cap over their face is destined to be legendary.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

Trustafundians that listen to Rob Sonic that dissed "Still Tippin'" = street connections

dont be mad

by the way, im rockin a sonic sum shirt today so i guess i definitely aint connected, right?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Young Buck Vs Ghostface?

read the damned thread. It was called for. Not by me.

Peace.

dont be mad

by the way, im rockin a sonic sum shirt today so i guess i definitely aint connected, right?

you rocking one of these too?

Young Buck Vs Ghostface?

read the damned thread. It was called for. Not by me.

Peace.

yeah, I know.

I'm just saying, how did that thought come about period...

Are you kidding? This dude's whole career is the retelling of his life story, in print, music, film...why would it be necessary to know him?

No, I'm not.

You seem to be confusing marketing campaigns with an actual window into his psyche.

Anybody who rocks a fucking stocking cap over their face is destined to be legendary.

• Unless any of you guys know Fifty personally, your psychologizing of him just isn't very interesting.

No, I'm not.

You seem to be confusing marketing campaigns with an actual window into his psyche.

The marketing campaign HE created is a window into his psyche.

• Hahahaha! Sometimes my boy and I have drunken made up "Supreme Clientele" era Ghost freestyle sessions, por ejemplo: Ghost Deni linguini/yellow amaretto pink zuchini/paid 7 g's for the gold plated fritos/Danny Devitos/lunch with Judge Ito.... I could go on.

Ghost is nice. Mad nice. One of my fav. So i will never front like he's better or worse. BUT that is true that the way he (and other wu-members back then) write lyrics is particular. They are not using "real" sentences. They cumulate pieces of sentences all together, make it rhyme, but a lot of time it's not making sense. I'm not saying that you always have to make sense when you lay down vocals, but a lot of time you can hear pieces of sentences put together but not a clear speech behind the result.
    I don't know if y'all understand that since i'm not expressing it right, but for that matter, Buck could be labelized "better" just because he does writes real sentences.

This idea that Ghost is some one-dimensional nonsense rhymer is ridiculous.

Actually Ghost is underrated as a story-teller. See "Malcolm," "Motherless Child," "Heaven and Hell," I could go on...

Sure he's got the attention deficit rhyme thing going on sometimes, but that's only one part of the Ghost package (no ayo). See, unlike most rappers out there (including our friend Young Buck) Ghost actually has multiple styles. Not many rappers do.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    word cosmo
    for me, what it all boils down to is that ghost is a more intelligent rhymer
    i dont listen to his album and hear 15 variations of the same song
    a cat like young buck is a dumb nigga to me. all them g unit cats rhyme like they are in 6th grade
    i guess that's what makes you "street" these days. just act like an ignorant nigga and you get a stamp of approval
    give me some substance as an artist. please...

anyways

cashless, aint fools like you tired yet of the backpack diss?
    that junk is old homey

"oooo you listen to radio rap, you must wear one of these "
    get outta here

• GHOSTFACE!
    tony yayo is dope but... he aint as dope as ghostface (no hommo)

• Ghostface......

"Ayo the devil planted fear inside the black babies, 50 cent sodas in the hood they gone crazy, dead meat lay on the shelf we eat coldcuts, fast from the heart ya'll and grow up!!!"

One of my favorite MC's ever.

• Ghostface......

"Ayo the devil planted fear inside the black babies, 50 cent sodas in the hood they gone crazy, dead meat lay on the shelf we eat coldcuts, fast from the heart ya'll and grow up!!!"

One of my favorite MC's ever.

one

• "Ayo the devil planted fear inside the black babies, 50 cent sodas in the hood they gone crazy, dead meat lay on the shelf we eat coldcuts, fast from the hog[/b] ya'll and grow up!!!"

Have any of you dudes actually listened to the whole young buck album? I would bet that most of you havent.

Okay so lets make it a bit easier on you guys.

FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1132288387Bsides">

Theodore Unit's 718 vs. Young Buck's Straight outta cashville[/b]
    Cashville 10-a-Key!
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

Thats really closer to the original context of the argument. DISCUSS BATCHES!!!