Why did Lyrics Born get booed at the Giants game?

MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Last night, I shit you not...7th inning stretch. "And now, we'd like to present Bay Area recording artist Lyrics Born to lead us in the seventh inning stretch!"*mild applause*Dude is like "Hey Everybody!" and then launches into:*way too slow and drawn out*Taaake meee out to the baaalll gaame, (crowd is like huh?)Taaake meee out to the.....baaaalllll, *boooooo* I'm already losing my shit here...um.....um.....Take me out to the baaall gaame *booooooo* ....um.....(meanwhile the words are up on the jumbo screen, people are screaming at him to turn around and look, he's oblivious)....um.....'cause its once, twice, thrice, and you're out at the ooold baaaalll gaaaame *boooooooooooooo* he sorta sheepishly smiles and jets.We're standing there like wow, did that just happen? Dude's had some cool records over the years, I support what he does, but wow homey, if you're gonna lead the seventh inning stretch at SBC at least know the fuckin song. I mean "take me out to the ball?" Shit was way too funny.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Give dude a break -- he's from the East Bay.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Holy Shit!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Maybe he was blasted and thought he was being funny?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

Well then he should be singing that shit at the A's game, don't ya think?

Maybe he was blasted and thought he was being funny?

Sure seemed that way, I thought he had to have been wasted. "Once, twice, thrice?"

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Well then he should be singing that shit at the A's game, don't ya think?

Naaaaaah, man the A's suck! C'mon, son. You know this. (Like how I've shifted the focus of the argument here? That's spelled R-H-E-T-O-R-I-C. Ya heard.)

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    And his shit is in Diet Coke commercials...so singing at a Giants game is to be expected...so sad cuz "calling out" is a freaking jam...

Naaaaaah, man the A's suck! C'mon, son. You know this.

but they're not boojee (bourgeoisie) so I like 'em and therefore they do not suck...Giants suck...in fact they suck the "clear and the cream"...

BALCO represent!

• Give dude a break -- he's from the East Bay.
    And his shit is in Diet Coke commercials...so singing at a Giants game is to be expected...so sad cuz "calling out" is a freaking jam...

For some reason I love that commerical. I think it's hilarious that brodie is the freewheeling baller handing out pounds. broooooooooe diiiiiieeee

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    I hardly recognize the A's any more. No Miguel, no Ramon, no T. Long, no Jermaine Dye, no Hudson, no Mulder, etc. Of course Chavez is still sticking to his rule of an early season slump. I do recognize that.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I hardly recognize the A's any more. No Miguel, no Ramon, no T. Long, no Jermaine Dye, no Hudson, no Mulder, etc. Of course Chavez is still sticking to his rule of an early season slump. I do recognize that.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    If there's a recording of it, how about all of us do some remixes?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Naaaaaah, man the A's suck! C'mon, son. You know this.

but they're not boojee (bourgeoisie) so I like 'em and therefore they do not suck...Giants suck...in fact they suck the "clear and the cream"...

BALCO represent!

I shit y'all not, but the dudes who owns this yuppy bar I dj at-LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THAT DUDE!

"TURN UP THE DISCO.....NOT TO MUCH RAP, WE DONT WANT TO ATTRACT THAT ELEMENT"

• I hardly recognize the A's any more. No Miguel, no Ramon, no T. Long, no Jermaine Dye, no Hudson, no Mulder, etc. Of course Chavez is still sticking to his rule of an early season slump. I do recognize that.

You know I gotta jump in and defend the A's for a minute from a guy who has fully drank the money ball kool-aid. Was at the game last night, and while that win and today's were both kinda ugly, they did take two outta three from the hottest and best (so far) team in the league. With the injuries to Crosby, Cruz, and Calero, and all the young dudes they got all over the place, they're still managing to hold their own in the West. They've been decent so far which would make you think they'll be pretty good once all the new faces get used to playing with each other and all the 23 and 24 year olds get a little more experience. Swisher (RF), Blanton (SP) and Street (relief) might finish 1-2-3 in Rookie of the Year. I think it'll probably go down to the final week again with Anaheim. Although the Hudson deal looks awful right now, the Mulder trade has been pretty even, even for this year so far. Never mind that Haren, Calero, and Barton (in the minors but people were comparing him to Pujols (!) will be around for the next 4-5 years for relatively cheap. Yeah I know nobody's heard of these dudes, but give them til the end of the year or at the latest next year and there might be a gang of all-stars everybody's familiar with again. Always exciting in the Billy Beane era!

PS - Who wants to wager raers that Oakland will win more games than SF this year? (No Benitez)

You know I gotta jump in and defend the A's for a minute from a guy who has fully drank the money ball kool-aid. Was at the game last night, and while that win and today's were both kinda ugly, they did take two outta three from the hottest and best (so far) team in the league. With the injuries to Crosby, Cruz, and Calero, and all the young dudes they got all over the place, they're still managing to hold their own in the West. They've been decent so far which would make you think they'll be pretty good once all the new faces get used to playing with each other and all the 23 and 24 year olds get a little more experience. Swisher (RF), Blanton (SP) and Street (relief) might finish 1-2-3 in Rookie of the Year. I think it'll probably go down to the final week again with Anaheim. Although the Hudson deal looks awful right now, the Mulder trade has been pretty even, even for this year so far. Never mind that Haren, Calero, and Barton (in the minors but people were comparing him to Pujols (!) will be around for the next 4-5 years for relatively cheap. Yeah I know nobody's heard of these dudes, but give them til the end of the year or at the latest next year and there might be a gang of all-stars everybody's familiar with again. Always exciting in the Billy Beane era!

PS - Who wants to wager raers that Oakland will win more games than SF this year? (No Benitez)

pssssssssshhhhhhhh....... I see you J***. I see you blud.

How in the hell did this thread turn into this?

Los Gigantes will WORK YOU SON.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Is it just me, or do the A's look like a high school team?

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

I'm still first and foremost an A's fan...but what has happened to Barry Zito???

• OXYCONTINOXYCONTIN 115 Posts
    ....um.....'cause its once, twice, thrice, and you're out at the ooold baaaalll gaaaame *boooooooooooooo* he sorta sheepishly smiles and jets.

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Is it just me, or do the A's look like a high school team?

It's just you...and this is one of the first images that comes up in a google image search for "giants" and "drugs"....so I've decided to post it and laugh my ass off...

• I hardly recognize the A's any more. No Miguel, no Ramon, no T. Long, no Jermaine Dye, no Hudson, no Mulder, etc. Of course Chavez is still sticking to his rule of an early season slump. I do recognize that.

I'm still first and foremost an A's fan...but what has happened to Barry Zito???

Zito has had a strange year so far. In five starts he's looked really good once, really bad once, and 3 starts where he'd be fine except for one horrible inning. The A's have scored like 8 runs total in his 5 starts, so no matter what he did, he'd still be 0-4. I think he'll be solid as the year progresses. Not Cy Young material (that might be Harden), but 14-16 wins type solid. It's really all on the offense to snap out of the funk they've been in. The pitching, which was supposed to be the question mark without Hudson and Mulder, has been excellent so far.