New Season of Wire and Shield!

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
The local SF Chronicle reported that HBO has started work on the new season of the Wire. It said that the drug story is basically over after last season and the writer/creator is going to tackle urban education this time. As an urban school teacher myself I can't wait. HBO is also playing re-runs of the 1st season, 2 episodes a week so I'm catching up with all the ones I miss. By far the BEST series on TV.Also in January the new season of the Shield comes on. They showed a flash of Forest Whitaker, don't know if he'll join the cast full time or was just for an episode or two. I love that guy's acting. I was actually sorta disappointed with last season. It just lost its edge IMHO. Glenn Close played the avenging angel cop, which I don't dig. I don't watch the Shield for a good cop who tries to do everything right like show up at a victim's hospital bed after they've been attacked. I want to see that , in your face, dirty cop stuff when watching this show.Opinions anyone?

Comments

• I thought Glenn Close turned out better than I had expected she would.
    But the way they ended last season was kinda , & anticlimactic.
    I wonder if she's even coming back?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    The wire is the greatest show ever shown on television.

But does this mean that avon will be confined to acting in rap videos? I was really curious to see bodie step up and run things. I think it would be an interesting and essential completion to his story ark. SHowing how he moved from being just a child in the crack laden enviornment to running it himself.

I am very curious to see where he takes it in the educational direction though. Im sure it will be amazing.

• Just getting season 2 of The Wire down here, last episode had Stringer on some throw away line about hating on GO-GO and the DC scene(WTF). The attention to detail script wise is brilliant but please don't kill any story lines for us ???seasonally challenged', peace V

New Jack Swing?

• Stringer on some throw away line about hating on GO-GO and the DC scene(WTF).

saw this weekend. caught that line. unnecesary but I guess they were just trying to show that the Blatimore and DC cultures are different, like when the dude he hired to off you-know-sho told him how all Baltimore fools are crazy.

• But does this mean that avon will be confined to acting in rap videos?

please to explain. haven't seen dude in any videos.

• I don't want to start a whole soulstrut-race-relations-white-privelege thread here but I must say I am disapointed to hear that they are moving away from the drug game plotline and into education. The dope game was mad interesting on that show.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Well the writer behind the whole thing likes themes behind each season. Season 1 was about the war on drugs, Season 2 was about the decline of the working class, Season 3 was about wrapping up the drug game, and so he's off to another topic. I got no problem with that at all.

And I don't really know what this has to do with "soulstrut-race-relations-white-privelege."

• me neither. I just had this vision of fools telling me that I should not derive pleasure from seeing black communities destroyed by crack. you know, soulstrut shit.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    the new season of The Shield looks to the nth degree. if forrest whitaker is joining the cast it's gonna be definitely one of my favorite actors EVAR. and IMO, every season so far has been great and i really liked glenn close

• Try as I may (and I have tried) I can't get this image out of my head when I watch the shield.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    the new season of The Shield looks to the nth degree. if forrest whitaker is joining the cast it's gonna be definitely one of my favorite actors EVAR. and IMO, every season so far has been great and i really liked glenn close

co-sign. the shield is and always has been quality programming. they manage to succeed in making each episode entertaining in and of itself, while also moving along the plotline and character development of the entire season. i think a lot of others merely good shows - *cough* nip/tuck - are not able to accomplish this, and this is where shield sets itself apart.
    i hope they bring back the money train drama in this season. that shit got so intense.
    i was sad that they didn't utilize the hispanic dude (from 'crash') who was shane's partner more. dope actor in my opinion.

oh and...

i have a similar problem with this guy, but it's based on his seinfeld appearance

"you said to stop by if i was ever in the city... I'M IN THE CITY!"

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    you I am PSYCHED for this WIRE.

maybe Omar will return to high school to finish his diploma, nah mean?

• slushslush 691 Posts
    yo is season 3 as good as 2? i have it downloaded, but its a lot of time to invest. I watched season 2 in like 4 days... it was pretty intense

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    yo is season 3 as good as 2?

season 3 is better IMO

yo is season 3 as good as 2?

season 3 is better IMO

Of the Wire? Fuckin 3 is incredible.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    fuck yeah
    omar better be blasting

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    fuck yeah
    omar better be blasting

believe me, season 3 is

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Just getting season 2 of The Wire down here, last episode had Stringer on some throw away line about hating on GO-GO and the DC scene(WTF).

That was actually a very nice nod to the rivalry that exists between B-More and DC. And I have yet to see any Season 3 (WHEN IS IT OUT ON DVD????), but Season 2 was some of the best TV ever made.

Just getting season 2 of The Wire down here, last episode had Stringer on some throw away line about hating on GO-GO and the DC scene(WTF).

That was actually a very nice nod to the rivalry that exists between B-More and DC. And I have yet to see any Season 3 (WHEN IS IT OUT ON DVD????), but Season 2 was some of the best TV ever made.

Season 3 is already out. I saw copies up for sale on eBay for half or less of the retail store price.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Season 3 is already out. I saw copies up for sale on eBay for half or less of the retail store price.

I gotta get this!

• One of the best HBO original shows ever......much better than OZ

• you I am PSYCHED for this WIRE.

maybe Omar will return to high school to finish his diploma, nah mean?

"oh in-DEED."

My favorite gay guy EVAR.