WHAT ARE "THOSE FLAVA IN YA EAR" SOUNDS ???

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Does anyone know what the samples source is for Flava in Ya Ear produced by Easy Mo Bee ?? I mean those things that sound like a slowdowned horns. But if you speed them up they are no horns.Easy Mo Bee should know it, but no one ever asked him, I mean in no interview that I know of.So if you dont know the sample source, dou you have any clue what kinda sound he sampled to get this sound of his SP1200s ???And Yes I know I did that already But I dont know what the fuck are those sounds. I'm asking myself since those track came out. I mean, the Craig Mack LP is full of those strange sounds. Please help me to get this shit out of my head by knowing how he did it.Does anyone know Easy Mo Bee ?? Maybe you could aks him for me !!!!PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Isn't it ** ** *** **** by ****** **** ????

Surprised they don't have that up there...

• You mean those Hairdryer sounds?

Those ARE Hairdryers. (as far as i know...)

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Isn't it ** ** *** **** by ****** **** ????

Surprised they don't have that up there...

• What are those noises?

• i have an extra promo 12" of this craig mack if anybody needs it...pm me.

• I'm delighted to see that you all know as much as me.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    This is a good question! Are they really hair dryers? If so

• around when it dropped Mo Bee said he sampled his hair dryer. Which is does sound like.

But lately he's been in magazines and internet articles talking about how that part specificly was a sample. So who knows. Either way, i don't think anyone knows the sample.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    not true...moe bee said it. It's a train whistle that he sampled (with the SP?)...he said it himself in some old ITW i read. I guarantee that. Can bet my life on it. I don't rememebr which one tho'. I'm pissed...i think he was talking about how when you dig up for sampling material, you sometimes end up sampling stupid shit and make it a banger. And he added "that's what i did for Flava In Ya Ear, browsing thru soundFX cd and messing around with a train whistle sound". That's a sum up...i really don't remember when and where i read it, but if anyone can confirm that, i'll be glad.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    If I remember correct, Phill Most once stated on this very site that it also included portions of 'Billie Jean' slowed down. True ?

• If I remember correct, Phill Most once stated on this very site that it also included portions of 'Billie Jean' slowed down. True ?

everyone in their momma said that since it came out. Nobody knows for sure though.

and izm i got an interview where he defenitely said hair dryer. So i guess he's just messing with us. Cause that's three things he's said.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

everyone in their momma

• If I remember correct, Phill Most once stated on this very site that it also included portions of 'Billie Jean' slowed down. True ?

Nah, I don't think I said it. Who knows, maybe I did. I'm pretty senile at this point. I remember the hair dryer story, though.

• everyone in their momma

sorry i'm watching In Living Color reruns. I guess it got to me. They just had the ghetto movie awards.

• and izm i got an interview where he defenitely said hair dryer. So i guess he's just messing with us. Cause that's three things he's said.

yeah im pretty sure i remember reading something where he said he was making a beat and his girl was drying her hair at the same time and thats where he got the idea.

How could that possibly be a hair dryer? A train horn makes sense... fast or slow I don't see how that could possibly be a hair dryer.

• hairdryer? which part are we talking about?

• the hair dryer is the part right at the beginning right at the start of the song. i wanna know the guitar sample. peace, stein. . .

• Easy Mo worked with SPs only. I once watched a real video on the net some years ago where you could see him in his crib and he had one whole room full of crates with records, on the floor, noting on in a locker or cabinet (dont know the right vocabulary for it) You couldnt walk in this room because there where so man crates on the floor. And in front of the room stood 3 SP1200s which where lined up together.

A hairdryer ??? This sounds to me like a joke. The train whistle could be. Once I made a sound that sounded similar to those sounds. You all know the breakdown in Apache before the long passsage with only the drums is coming. I made a slow track out of it, around 91 BPM. Because Apache is so slow I had to extend those horn sounds. Therefore I used the horn reverb that is in the track. I pitched that down and trigerred it several times. And it had a similar sound as those Flava in Ya ear horns.

The guitar would be the next thing to know. And what are those drums ?? I know some dudes said the snare would be Impeach the President with a lot of EQ. Dont think so.

Read this Easy Mo interveiw where he says it was a musical sample and they removed most of the musical sounds with an EQ.

www.onestopbeats.com/easymobee.html

• People don't know that the siren sound in the record was a music sample. We remove most of the music in the siren with EQ.

Not a hair dryer.[/b]

• Someone buy dude some shelves before his back goes out.

• Normaly a person who is giving informations and those infos vary from time to time, they dont tell the truth. I think he is clowning everybody. Why should he reveal the truth ?? We are still talking about, after 12 years. What else could you wish for in his psoition ??

• Dope interview. But seriously I don't hear HAIRDRYER in that sample at all. Ehh, don't make a difference but still dope.

• I actually spoke to Mo Bee about this. According to him, he swears he really does not remember. He said he was always just recording sounds and fucking with them in the SP. He said it was a guitar sound that he just pitched down in the SP.

But, according to him, he has no idea where it came from.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    man crates

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i still think the hairdryer thing is true, that he got the idea from his girl using it while he was making beats. and ended up emulating it with another hornsample from his man crates???.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I actually spoke to Mo Bee about this. According to him, he swears he really does not remember. He said he was always just recording sounds and fucking with them in the SP. He said it was a guitar sound that he just pitched down in the SP.

But, according to him, he has no idea where it came from.

I was just about to say that.

Come on, guys, that sample could be any damn little guitar lick from whatever record. Just one little pick from George Benson, Albert King, Ted Nugent, Yngwie J. Malmsteen - who the hell knows? It's just one note he's playing around with, not very interesting in itself, it's the context he puts it in that makes it bang. I'm not surprised he can't even remember it himself. That guitar is very nondescript. I can think of a million other samples that would be interesting to uncover.

No disrespect to the sample hunter, just sayin'

• I can think of a million other samples that would be more[/b] interesting to uncover.

but we should

• Come on, guys, that sample could be any damn little guitar lick from whatever record. Just one little pick from George Benson, Albert King, Ted Nugent, Yngwie J. Malmsteen[/b] - who the hell knows?

I see a Scandinavian bias in your post.

• OK, everybody is talking about the pitch of that sounds. I only pitched them up buy turning the record from 33 ro 45 but I never sampled the sound and tryed to pitch them up. I'll try that in the next days.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Come on, guys, that sample could be any damn little guitar lick from whatever record. Just one little pick from George Benson, Albert King, Ted Nugent, Yngwie J. Malmsteen[/b] - who the hell knows?

I see a Scandinavian bias in your post.

"I got that Craig Mack crack, yo!"[/b]