detroit basketball

bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
what???

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    What happened? Oh, we won again? Fuggyea!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Definitely the best team in the NBA right now. They've opened up their bench and offense under Saunders, while still maintaining their defense. Larry Brown use to call every single play on offense, while Saunders has given more leeway to Billups for long periods of the game. Scotty Pippen on the Inside The NBA show on ESPN last night said he thinks the Pistons might win 70 games this year!

• Yo Drewn, I'm probably late on this but is your icon from that "The Dialect Of The Black American" record?

No thread hijack.

Please continue talking about the only pro sports team I care about these days.

SONIC

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    "They never seem to be in a situation where as a coach you say, 'Boy, we just don't have it tonight,' " Saunders said. "Their mental approach of 'It's going to be OK,' that's probably the biggest thing, the poise they have."
    "With us, we didn't like the taste we had in our mouths all summer. No disrespect to San Antonio, but we knew we could have beat them in Game 7," Rasheed Wallace said.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    That 20 point deficit comeback was...

It's a good year for basketball for me. Michigan State looks like they'll do something this year too!

All this basketball talk makes me want to play myself. heh

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    That 20 point deficit comeback was...

It's a good year for basketball for me. Michigan State looks like they'll do something this year too!

All this basketball talk makes me want to play myself. heh

• Definitely the best team in the NBA right now. They've opened up their bench and offense under Saunders, while still maintaining their defense. Larry Brown use to call every single play on offense, while Saunders has given more leeway to Billups for long periods of the game. Scotty Pippen on the Inside The NBA show on ESPN last night said he thinks the Pistons might win 70 games this year!

who have they beaten this year ? phoenix without stoudamire, sacramento without anyone, boston with who ? philly ? toronto ? portland ? come on ! in april we'll talk. they've beaten one team with a winning record.

dave

• you guys really handed it to my Celts in the 4th quarter last night

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    By the way, from today's Detroit Free Press:

Flip Saunders[/b] says he's not superstitious. He just likes his rituals, that's all.

"You're used to doing the same thing, you get into a pattern, and you don't like to break it," he said.

Especially amid a six-game win streak, eh? That's why before Tuesday night's game against the Celtics, Saunders made his ritualistic trip to Kentucky Fried Chicken. He stops there for dinner before every home game.

"I get the same thing every time," he said. "Get a meal, that's it. I've done that since I was in the CBA. Started winning, just kept with it -- and I like chicken."

Other superstitions -- or OK, rituals -- include listening to Barry White on the car ride to the arena for each home game.

Thas MY DOGG!!!