we are not voting for the man

we are voting either for america shorts w/ spandex

or

an orange vest & construction hat with red locks coming out of it

damn i wish i knew how to make a poll

• we are voting either for america shorts w/ spandex
    or
    for a an orange vest & construction hat with red locks coming out of it

I have never lost with my america shorts on. Diamond Dave. Peace, 'Check . . .

• and someone said fair warning....

DLR all the way baby!

• I think I can see his vagina.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    In any battle pitting Dave and Sam, Dave is always the winner. Clothes, music, one-liners, chess, arm wrestling, etc...

ESSENTIAL READING[/b]

Every word he writes is

• okay just what i thought.

i have this VH concert from 82 and the michael anthony bass solo is so so so so funny. other highlights include DLR doing karate in bare ass chaps, midget roadie handing sir david his whiskey, and eddie shredding on a little guitar for the song little guitars. i want soulstrut to see a clip so badly - if anyone knows how i can rip an mpeg from a dvd, please pm me. other than that, it's all songs from the first 4 albums and all good. i might have mentioned it before here - i have been talking about it for almost a year now i never get tired of it.

are there any strutters who actually prefer van hagar?

• are there any strutters who actually prefer van hagar?

Prefer? I dunno about that, but I like them about equally. You see, I first got into Van Halen around 1984 when the album of the same name came out. I was only 10 so it wasn't like I could've really listened to a lot of Van Halen before that. Then, the next album to come out was 5150 when I was 12, and it was at that time I really started getting into music. So, I listened to 5150 a lot...like, every damn day. Summer of 1986 I was listening to 5150, Raising Hell and Licensed To Ill so all were kind of watermark albums to me. So, I never had anything against Sammy Hagar and loved a lot of the Van Hagar stuff up until about 1990.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

DLR America Shorts, so necessary. I have an interview from like '83 with DLR goin' off. On wax. Oh yes.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

i have this VH concert from 82

we need to get that onto real heads know the deal ASAP

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• i have this VH concert from 82

we need to get that onto real heads know the deal ASAP

nobody has pm'd me how to do it. it's a long ass concert too with many wardrobe changes, instrument wankery, funny video effects.

but it's also very entertaining and michael anthony's backup vocals is

help! soulstrut will love this

• Not sure if you are Mac or PC, do a search for 'DVD Ripper' and some magic should happen.

Bunch of VH bootlegs right HEAH. You got to register but there's so much shredding on that site. It's all dudes soloing and doing whammy bar bombs with their mouths gaping open.

Finally learned how to do the torrent thing and have been downloading the '83 US Festival show for like a day now. I think they parachuted into the stadium or something so it's bound to be a PRICELESS!

On the fashion side DLR's legendary but Hagar does swing for the fences with a completely ridiculous head of hair and a lot of pointy guitars. DLR by a nose - you know Dave got Howard Stern's old radio slot, right?

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I use to work with this dude who I nicknamed Cooter and Cooter fucking loves the Red Rocker. So much that in when he was in 8th grade he signed all his school papers "The Red Rocker." He refused to respond to any name but Sammy or Red Rocker. I found out all this shit one day when we were installing an intercom system and The Bone decided to bless us with some Sammy. I was off doing my shit and Cooter yells at me to turn it the fuck up. I don't because naturally I thought dude was joking. Cooter again yells at me to turn it the fuck up and I respond with "dude are you fucking serious" and he says "Hell Yeah! It's the fucking Red Rocker Turn That Shit Up!" Instead of turning it up I start laughing at how passionate he is about listening to Sammy. This infuriated Cooter and he lost his shit so he went on some fucking insane tirade about how sammy hagar is so goddamn awesome at everything and how stupid I was for not recognizing his awesomeness. It didn't help that I kept laughing and yelling "fuck that red headed cabo wabo piece of shit." Cooter finally starts calming down and tells me about his preteen fascination with the red rocker which I found to be even funnier.

so yeah out of respect for my man Cooter I'm going with the Red Rocker on this one.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I loved Sammy when he was a solo act. I must have seen him at least 5 times and owned almost all of his records. When he joined VH though? They were like Gods to me in Jr. High. I use to draw their VH logo on everything I owned and din't like school desks. Sammy was like a warm-up act in comparison to Halen.

• Van Halen 1 is the first record I ever bought in my life....I think I was 8 or 9

I even bought all the DLR-era lps..........

when I mentioned "fair warning" as "essential", all people here went

• Roth wins...by a chest hair...

• other highlights include DLR doing karate in bare ass chaps, midget roadie handing sir david his whiskey, and eddie shredding on a little guitar for the song little guitars.

you sure you're not talking about

??????????????????