Bakersfield CA digging

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Is there any point in searching for gems there or should I just dig in the LA area???? I'm there this weekend.PM or put on blast!!!thanx in advance,Georges

Comments

• bakersfield proper? i couldnt tell you where to unless you drive about 45 minutes north...but ive gotten some awesome records out that a way.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've found decent shit in the most unlikely parts of CA. Never tried Bakersfield, but I'd say it was worth a shot. Probably a lot of country music. Bakersfield was known for it in the 60's.

• they just renamed a street after buck owens about a year or two ago.

• the records in bakersfield suck on an ass.

• it was dry ten years ago so it must be as craked as a petrified turd today.

• there's nothin my love wont give

it was dry ten years ago so it must be as craked as a petrified turd today.

no steel guitar newage jerntz???

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I grew up in bakersfield. you can send your condolences either via this thread or pm.

I grew up in bakersfield. you can send your condolences either via this thread or pm.

you kinda look like the Buckaroo's lovechild.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Say...... grandma worked with buck for YEARS. I suppose anything is possible....

• it was dry ten years ago so it must be as craked as a petrified turd today.

so should I roam the LA backlots?????

• dont listen to these frou frou LA sissies. well, actually, there probably arent any records in bakersfield, but hellfire on these dern city slickers.

you can learn yourself some california history though. except this spot kinda sucks...

http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=583

• I tink I may hafta scour the scorched earth of Bakersfield....

• Post deleted by anthonypearson

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I tink I may hafta scour the scorched earth of Bakersfield....

bakersfield is wierd (sp)

i remember going there with a friend and we stopped in a bar where he shot a scene in a film he'd just finished. It was about 2:30 PM.

conversation went like this:

"I hate them rodents."

"yeah, i would never eat rats."

"nah, but lizard tastes ok. I've had lizard before."

"aw shit, guess I better head out and pick up the kids from school. give me one more jack & coke."

• . try fresno dude. laterz.

I'm only in town for 36 hours so it's either spend money at your place or be saddly disappointed at what little The Bake has to offer...

• if you drive east of bakersfield you will find badlands with landcape made of solid tumbleweeds. tumbleweeds gather into small canyons and will them solid. like 50 square yards of tumbleweeds layered ancient to young trapped in gullys and stuff. lots of oil drilling and closed refineries too.

there is a really fancy neighborhood in bakersfield up on a ridge east of town before you go out to the badlands.. the homes have ranch and post and beam architecture. my friend knew an old professional living there with tons of jazz lp's and cd's. the guy died and his son kept all his music.

i went to bakersfield a few times to look at records. i saw storage lockers full of off grade easy listening in vg to poor condition. rotten covers. there used to be a record store downtown. it is still there i am sure. they never got butt for records as far as i could tell.

there are chicano dj's in bakersfield. in fact all through the 99. mustapha and osamu cleaned so many of those guys out 6 or 8 years ago. they still got secret weapon on prelude.

easy listening and country are really popular in bakersfield. so is classic rock. i like christian records and spoken word educational garbage and old pop singers so i can get my dig on in a place like bakersfield but the records are in crummy condition and got burned by the desert. they got the rash.

ap

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    in a place like bakersfield but the records are in crummy condition and got burned by the desert. they got the rash.

ap

Sand in the underwear.

I hear the people there are friendly..... [color:white]if you're white. [/color]

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LOL

BAN