Media Mail: Hot or not???

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I'm curious as to what people think on account'a I'm thinking of no longer offering it when I sell on eBay. Reason being I get sooo many fiends that want records shipped media & then bitch about it taking 2-3 weeks at times. As a buyer I normally want my goodies shipped priority, unless it's like a 5 dollar thing, etc.WEIGH IN, FOLLS

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i'm not sure why this is the case, but the guy at the post office tells me it's all about location. like if i send a record in the ny/nj/pa area i should go media (i just sent drewn a record media and it got to him in like 36 hours!). but when shipping long distance it's not such a good idea.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    i'm not sure why this is the case, but the guy at the post office tells me it's all about location. like if i send a record in the ny/nj/pa area i should go media (i just sent drewn a record media and it got to him in like 36 hours!). but when shipping long distance it's not such a good idea.

yeah, I've noticed this. If I send something media to another West Coast city it's fast. like less than a week. Cali to NYC, or Florida is not happnin'.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It's not even as simple as distance. I had something arrive to MA from CA by media mail 2 weeks before something I paid for the same day from Minnesota. I was all pissed off thinking the seller hadn't mailed it for two weeks, but when it came I could see they shipped it the day after I paid. Confusing.

Still, I say hot[/b], because most of the time, if the people ship it right away, I get it within 5 or 6 days and sometimes less.

• It's obviously a different story sending packages from Hawaii.I generally avoid using media because the service is unpredictable. It takes between 3-5 weeks from here, often alot shorter, but you never know. I let the customer decide. Price wise it's significant, the difference between $2 and $20 for a 4lb package.

Within Hawaii it's been really excellent, and I get the same results I would get from a priority priced package.

On a semi related note. How come when you print postage at usps.com you can do first class/media stamps when using e-bay, but if you just want to ship something outside of the "e-bay system" you can only print out priority stamps? Has anyone else noticed this? It's a hassle.

• HOT.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    HOT.

hope that's not records.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    media mail for the west coast rackords

priority on the east coast rackords

• hot to death...media