WAL-MART hot OR not

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
i know alot of people are hatters. but. .they got cheap stuff! peace, stein. . .

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Life style politics =

0.001% of the people boycotting Wal-Mart ain't gonna change anything. Getting a union up in that piece is much more important.

Plus there's always Winners (if you got that down south). Cheaper out of season name brands, and blank shirts is what I'm all about. I got a closet full of Chaps.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    walmart ain't nothing but the dope-man's bitch

• Life style politics =

???

Dood, whether you know it or not, buying used records is in and of itself a form of life style politics...

Life style politics =

???

Dood, whether you know it or not, buying used records is in and of itself a form of life style politics...
    What I meant was trying to change the world by changing yourself, without recognizing the material pre-conditions of our current society and economic structure and the material conditions required to change it.

I take the same viewpoint against people who are vegan or vegitarian for moral reasons (as an example).

The problems stemming from Wal-Mart isn't an isolated case. It's just a common economic policy taken to it's extreme to the point where it becomes absurd and people start to recognize it. Trying to stop Wal-Mart's behaviour without recognizing the underlying economic rules at play isn't going to do anything. So in the end, without a mass boycott movement, not shopping there because they're Jerks is as pointless as trying to play pool with a rope.

• i know alot of people are hatters. but. .they got cheap stuff! peace, stein. . .

Please to explain what??s wrong with Wal-Mart ?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    not. same with Target.

If you have to go big box, go Costco.

• Wuck Fallmart. I'm sick of paying for their employees health care. We union over here.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I can't even find anything worth buying in Walmart. It also smells wierd in there.

I used to go to Target to pick up girls. That's right. Try it.

Costco has made in the USA socks, sockeye salmon and huge tubs of shampoo. I also secretly crave them big Hebrew Nationals they have.

• We don't have Costco out this way. I avoid Wal-Mart as much as I can, which is pretty much always. In this area of the country we have a store called Meijer, which is who Wal-Mart ripped off for the "superstore" concept to begin with, so I shop there a lot. And, fuck it, I shop at Target too. I know there's people that don't like them either but that's life. I don't hear about them fucking over local towns the way Wal-Mart does anyhow.

• I got a closet full of Chaps.

An extra special AYO!! for the UK heads.

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    I Hat on Wal-Mart with a passion!

Cosign what ya'll said about it smelling funny in there too. I think it has something to do with all the fat inbred m'fers shopping for tubs of lard. I swear, every time I've been in one I've seen more 500 lb folks than I thought could evar exisit.

• not. same with Target.

If you have to go big box, go Costco.

If you have to go big box...

Oh wait, they all operate on the same principal. Wal-Mart is just the largest of them.

I don't get people having opinions one way or another: Wal-mart delivered what everyone wanted. Nobody is going to go to your local Main St. TVs and buy a generic 27" TV for $500 when they're $160 at Wal-Mart. And not shopping at Wal-mart is a joke, just about anywhere you can buy a TV operates in the same manner. It's called the bottom line.

Everybody wants cheap products but they don't like the repercussions. The price cuts come from somewhere, namely, your job.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    In this area of the country we have a store called Meijer, which is who Wal-Mart ripped off for the "superstore" concept to begin with, so I shop there a lot.

shit, i do all my grocery shopping at Meijer after midnight. there's always a lot of people in there though regardless what time it is. 24 hour superstores are where it's at.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I got a closet full of Chaps.

SUPER BIG AYO

magical jackson banana hammock special on aisle 9

I got a closet full of Chaps.
    SUPER BIG AYO

Damnit! I done got clowned by Colonial robbers.

• IT'S NOT HOT.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    wal-mart is cheap and target is stylish.

i like em both. target's just nicer.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    i go to sams club every other weekend, i believe their owned by walmart?

target is always less hectic, and definitley more stylish

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I don't shop wal-mart & I don't give a shit if not spending my money there doesn't change anything. the bottom line is they're not getting my money no matter how much (or little) money I have in my pocket.

• I don't shop wal-mart & I don't give a shit if not spending my money there doesn't change anything. the bottom line is they're not getting my money no matter how much (or little) money I have in my pocket.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Do they sell vinyl at Wal-mart yet?

Page me when they do.

- spidey

• I don't shop wal-mart & I don't give a shit if not spending my money there doesn't change anything. the bottom line is they're not getting my money no matter how much (or little) money I have in my pocket.

yep. i wont as little to do with them as possible. theyve have to come to symbolize a lot of bullshit (a lot like mickey ds.)

• If you have to go big box...

Oh wait, they all operate on the same principal. Wal-Mart is just the largest of them.

I don't get people having opinions one way or another: Wal-mart delivered what everyone wanted. Nobody is going to go to your local Main St. TVs and buy a generic 27" TV for $500 when they're $160 at Wal-Mart. And not shopping at Wal-mart is a joke, just about anywhere you can buy a TV operates in the same manner. It's called the bottom line.

Everybody wants cheap products but they don't like the repercussions. The price cuts come from somewhere, namely, your job.

graf

its not like you have to be all dramatic and decide youre never setting foot there again...do what makes sense. but i still try to not want cheap products from these places. whatever you need at walmart you can get at any fleamarket anywhere used. hunt and forrage a little, you consumer cows

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I can't even find anything worth buying in Walmart. It also smells wierd in there.

I used to go to Target to pick up girls. That's right. Try it.

Costco has made in the USA socks, sockeye salmon and huge tubs of shampoo. I also secretly crave them big Hebrew Nationals they have.

Target is aiight, but Costco is pro. They pay their workers well and the CEO makes $350,000 a year. Yup, that's it. Dude came up and started Costco himself, after working in his father's lumber factory if I remember correctly. Starting wages there are $17/hr. Yup.

I will be applying there for a job someday if times get tough (read, later this/next year, lol).

Disclosure: I just had a polish sausage hotdog combo (no Magic Jackson), and bought some popcorn from there tonight, lol.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

its not like you have to be all dramatic and decide youre never setting foot there again...do what makes sense. but i still try to not want cheap products from these places. whatever you need at walmart you can get at any fleamarket anywhere used. hunt and forrage a little, you consumer cows

AGREED, but sometimes it's nice to buy non-expired chips and soap

• What I meant was trying to change the world by changing yourself, without recognizing the material pre-conditions of our current society and economic structure and the material conditions required to change it.

I take the same viewpoint against people who are vegan or vegitarian for moral reasons (as an example).

The problems stemming from Wal-Mart isn't an isolated case. It's just a common economic policy taken to it's extreme to the point where it becomes absurd and people start to recognize it. Trying to stop Wal-Mart's behaviour without recognizing the underlying economic rules at play isn't going to do anything. So in the end, without a mass boycott movement, not shopping there because they're Jerks is as pointless as trying to play pool with a rope.

youre kind of sheltered. or kind of spineless. i dont really know you, so who knows what youre really like. i got enough backbone to try to practice all my principles. sometimes i stray and sometimes my principles are misguided, but i stand by my instincts and moral reasons. youre just like, "well, you cant go against the herd...they're gonna listen to their britney spears anyway...might as well join em." man if wal mart gets you that fucking hyped where youre willing to overlook theyre BS, well, you need to get out in the world more. that is the temple of babylon you are worshipping at.

go rent gandhi and check my motherfuckin hommie out as he spins his own clothes and goes to make his own salt. gandhi would whup your corny ass any day of the week, talking that "preconditions of our current society" shit

and everyone really does seem fatter in walmart. there are many states that have over 25% obese population. when you go into any wal mart, the number is usually around 40%. go figure.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

What I meant was trying to change the world by changing yourself, without recognizing the material pre-conditions of our current society and economic structure and the material conditions required to change it.

youre kind of sheltered. or kind of spineless. i dont really know you, so who knows what youre really like. i got enough backbone to try to practice all my principles. sometimes i stray and sometimes my principles are misguided, but i stand by my instincts and moral reasons. youre just like, "well, you cant go against the herd...they're gonna listen to their britney spears anyway...might as well join em." man if wal mart gets you that fucking hyped where youre willing to overlook theyre BS, well, you need to get out in the world more. that is the temple of babylon you are worshipping at.

go rent gandhi and check my motherfuckin hommie out as he spins his own clothes and goes to make his own salt. gandhi would whup your corny ass any day of the week, talking that "preconditions of our current society" shit

I mean, way to go trying to build that "mass boycott movement" by discouraging individual boycotters from boycotting. That's just ass-backwards, and a clear indication to me that you're about intellectual posturing (flossing some books you may have half-assedly read) and rationalizing your own inaction, not knowing or doing anything about preconditions and blah blah blah.