check my beats, yo ... c'mon

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
All they need are rhymes and some cuts....untitled-da_breaksMystic RoWudduya think? They a-aite? I'm makin' these all day. Please be easy on me. Don't toy with my emotions.

Comments

• well at least you subscribe to the "if ya ain't got nothin' good to say don't say nothin' rule.

Just playin', I don't need validation. Just Sharron.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    not too be mean, but keep trying man!

• You just made yourself a powerful enemy today my friend.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I really like the beat on the first one but the stabs are all jungle breakcore nagl

The second one, it's no good.

But stick it all on a laptop and come to Williamsburg, you'll get a ton of gigs.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah, the first one was good. I wasn't feeling the second one. That dude's voice or something was just kinda weird. But different strokes for different folks, mang... keep doing your thing. If you are happy with them, then do for you!

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Can we get a thumbs down Graemlin?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

damn that's a little cold, eh?

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

damn that's a little cold, eh? [/quotek

Yeah come to think about it, it is a litle cold. If you like them then fuggit, kep doing what you like to do.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm just saying, it's one thing to give constructive criticism, but fools on here are like:

HATED IT!

without really giving dude any direction to improve his beats.

My .02:

If you sample, try using more than 1 bar loops.

Maybe fill in your beats more and try and take them beyond the same thing repeating for 3+ minutes. Unless you're using an MC etc.

Personally, they're not really my thing, but I know if that were me posting something I made for the first time and was met with the same comments, I'd probably never post my music again.

• Hmmmm... I actually like the second one a lot more than the first one. I mean, it's not totally my thing, but works as background music for me.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Hmmmm... I actually like the second one a lot more than the first one. I mean, it's not totally my thing, but works as background music for me.

Actually teh second one is better than teh first one. I didn't know this was his first attempt. There is always room for improvement. Do what Day said. Try using a lopp that is more than one bar.

• I ain't mad at nobody. What do you expect, this is the internets and fools are brave with their ugly side. But some people like number one, other people like number two, some people hate it, but most importantly, any publicity is good publicity.

the second one is the Isley Brothers Pitched down. LOL.

Thanks Day for your constructive criticism. I know it sounds like bars looping but there are subtle changes in nearly every bar. I just keep it simple. My beats are the backdrop for the MC to shine over.

Anyway, here's some more stuff I did in a completely different style. Insty/funkish/stuff

Ruled Under Bridges

Artist's Lament

Bukue One - Zion I remix

Keep hatting and i'll continue to mark you down on my list. Especially you Biz Markee. All the thumbs re in your ass, buddy, but he's right. I love what I'm doing and a few people who think it's hot to talk shit on the net don't annoy me more than a mosquito.

Thanks to all for listening.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    I like the "Artist Lament" now that one is good.

• I like the "Artist Lament" now that one is good.

I figure if I keep churning them out, eventually I'll get a diamond out of the terds. Thanks, mate.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I like the "Artist Lament" now that one is good.

I figure if I keep churning them out, eventually I'll get a diamond out of the terds. Thanks, mate.

I kinda liked that one too.

• I kinda liked that one too.

Taza erases Bsides name off his "to kill" list.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Hmmmm... I actually like the second one a lot more than the first one. I mean, it's not totally my thing, but works as background music for me.

Actually teh second one is better than teh first one. I didn't know this was his first attempt. There is always room for improvement. Do what Day said. Try using a lopp that is more than one bar.

• It's hip-hop not to spell check.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i like both of them. but take that screwed up voice out of the second one

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

Thanks teacher.

• screwed up voice out of the second one

I guess it is kind a ayo. who wants to hear a grown man groan. OOOOHHHH!

thanks TheMack. I wont kill myself now.

• Artist's Lament is good...

• what you using for beeattzz?

• what you using for beeattzz?

I sample most everything and chop it to fuck. I record in pro tools, I use a Roland Drum machine, an SP 202 sampler, Technichs 1200s, Recycle, and Reason mostly. I change up my technique to keep it fun.

I'm glad y'all are feeling Artist's Lament because I really put my heart into that one. That's me right there. The others are just some beats and the "Ruled" one is an experiment.

braeks is some Reggaeton, huh? LOL

Thanks again for listening.