playing music over the movie Tron

slushslush 691 Posts
edited November 2005 in Music Talk
i seriously have to do this tonight for a monthly movie themed event at a club. What do you suggest? I got kraftwerk covered, no worries. other things i am considering are rephlex type james, maybe some electro jams. suggestions??

Comments

• slushslush 691 Posts
    okay i wasnt really expecting a response, but one or two tracks would round things out a bit

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Debbie Deb - Lookout Weekend

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    sounds fun...

maybe the Night Rider theme?

• slushslush 691 Posts
    Debbie Deb - Lookout Weekend

see thats why i asked. cos i forget sometimes

nice one!

• Options
    The Blade Runner actual soundtrack (CD only, I think). IS that cheating?

K.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    IS that cheating?

i think so. but im feeling it

• Options
    I'd have to charge you delivery fees...and raer cd fees of course...and the obvious beer tax.

Good Luck, K.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    i actually have it on a record. vangelis is deep. deeper than aphrodite's child, even

• the record version is the new american orchestra covering the vangelis ost. not the same. actual movie music is cd only.

why not play the actual tron music and a bunch of other wendy/walter moog madness joints. anything with arcade sounds would work, too.

• Options
    Is that an orchestra playing Vangelis music (on the LP)??? Never knew there was a LP release of himself playing the score???

K>

• there isn't

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    maybe some devo or gary numan perhaps.

• Options
    K: IS that the replayed version of the Blade Runner soundtrack your dropping (smirk, smirk, sip of wine)

• slushslush 691 Posts
    the record version is the new american orchestra covering the vangelis ost. not the same. actual movie music is cd only.

damn, schooled on Blade Runner. sonned. Ive never actually listened to the LP. i guess i never will. Kev, can you bike to Hamilton????

as to why i am playing music over it... its the theme of the night. Everyone picks a movie and plays music over it. My sister picked Tron and I am helping her out. Youre right, Wendy Carlos pretty much brings it, i dont really need to back it at all

• slushslush 691 Posts

anything with arcade sounds would work, too.

yeah my set is just kind of leading up to that power pill pacman afx joint

• anything with arcade sounds would work, too.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Some John Carpenter would be perfect. Precinct 13, Escape from NY and so on. Synth sleaze in the best way.

• slushslush 691 Posts

anything with arcade sounds would work, too.

haha yeah i already got that lined up.

• soul circuit - dont spoil the tension

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    this one wouldnt be so bad....

seriously though, its got some moments.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you could go through that whole PacMan Fever album.

Also, some Zombie might work for the synth weirdness/breaks kinda thing.

Popcorn?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i seriously have to do this tonight for a monthly movie themed event at a club. What do you suggest? I got kraftwerk covered, no worries. other things i am considering are rephlex type james, maybe some electro jams. suggestions??

How did it go? That sounds like a hot challenge. My input would be to late...

• ootoot 38 Posts
    i'd go for blowfly