Dummy or Portishead S/T

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited November 2005 in Music Talk
dummy.................peace...................edpowers.......

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    S/T

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    s/t....

• S/T

• S/T

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    you all are on crack

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    dummy = played out for over 10 years in every bar/coffee shop in the universe.

• s/t is just gritty and sexy as fuck

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    dummy.................peace...................edpowers.......

Blue Lines is to Dummy what Mezzanine is to the Self-Titled, i.e. their first records were Super Dope and A Litle Bit More Accessible but the follow-ups (I'm skipping Protection here) were deeper, more probing, efforts for the hardcore fans.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    More Mission Impossible.

Seriously, though - Dummy. WAY Dummy.

• S/T

• chasechase 767 Posts
    Dummy. WAY Dummy.

• ,[/b]

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    S/T

but if it is Live at Roseland vs S/T, that might also be close

• both

• More Mission Impossible.

for real!

but yeah, Dummy.

S/T just puts me in a bad mood - felt self-conscious to me, like they were trying too hard to be all spooky.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

S/T just puts me in a bad mood - like they were trying too hard to be all spooky.

• S/T definitely didn't hit me immediately the way Dummy did, but I think now I'd pick it as the better album. I definitely listen to the live shit the most though.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Annnnhhh, I don't know.
    I kind of think Portishead's music is just a soundtrack for lesbians.
    'Nahmean?

• girgir 329 Posts
    Annnnhhh, I don't know.
    I kind of think Portishead's music is just a soundtrack for girls who post to craigslist about being impressed by dude's record collections[/b]
    'Nahmean?

• dummy

• dummy..

• dummy

Yes.

• Both those lps are in my list of lps i could never listen to again as i heard them too much when the came out. You could probably add Tricky "Maxinquaye"and Massive "Blue Lines" to that list as well . My house mate at the time was one of those dudes if he liked something would have in on high rotation (5X times a day almost) and so i have developed an aversion to quite a few great lps

. But dummy

gets my vote of the two

• S/T definitely didn't hit me immediately the way Dummy did, but I think now I'd pick it as the better album. I definitely listen to the live shit the most though.

same here. although the dummy cassette tape is playing in my car right now. all soo good.

• per0per0 152 Posts
    Dummy.

• Seriously, I work in a place where we have to listen to the radio for eight hours a day. There is one station that plays some great music, but they play it so much that it drives me crazy. When are they gonna invent an ear insert thats not visible from the outside that can let us hear what we want.

I personally like dummy. its not really played out for me yet and I think its more well done. But live is where its at.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    s/t is just gritty and sexy as fuck

Grown & Sexy?

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    s/t

this is just more of an album to me. consistent, brooding 100% authentic sound. no filler. this is what I think of when someone says portishead.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    The Jimi Entley Sound