Comments

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Bj??rk

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Not too familiar with Bjork, so Beck.

Becks's Sea Change is

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    bjork i guess.

Even though i used to like beck alot, Alot of his stuff hasnt aged very well.

Odelay is impossible to listen to in '05

major co-sign

• Bjork by a country mile, peace, 'Check . . .

Am I the only one who thought Odelay was impossible to listen to when it came out? I find it odd that people are saying "it sounds bad now".... shit, it sounded bad then... I may be wrong for this but I've written him off ever since, although some friends swear by him.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Bjork by a country mile, peace, 'Check . . .

Am I the only one who thought Odelay was impossible to listen to when it came out? I find it odd that people are saying "it sounds bad now".... shit, it sounded bad then... I may be wrong for this but I've written him off ever since, although some friends swear by him.

No, you're not.

A lot of the schitt that dude has done seems like borderline minstrelsy to me.

• Bjork by a country mile, peace, 'Check . . .

No, you're not.

WAIT.. ARE YOU SAYING BECK... MIGHT BE. RACIST?!?!?!?!?!?!

• It's easy to skip over Beck, listen to late 70's Bowie instead.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Bjork by a country mile, peace, 'Check . . .

No, you're not.

WAIT.. ARE YOU SAYING BECK... MIGHT BE. RACIST?!?!?!?!?!?!

Let us say that I might say that if I had any interest in rehashing the same discussion with the usual SoulStrut apologists for the hundredth time.

Nah, I will assume the best as far as his intentions go, but some parts of his schtick just come off as ill-considered and insensitive.

• definetly bjork. i love this islandish alien from outer space.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    islandish

outlandish?

• islandish

outlandish?

outstandish?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Bj??rk.

She's a nice person too.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

major cosign

i cant listen to bjork at all though.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Bjork hands down..

she is cute and her voice is amazing although i didn't really get into her last album. I have so many good memories hanging out at friends houses listening to her music.

Beck has some good samples and drums put after a while im just bored with it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

This iz the only album i own and i always return to it.

• I like bjork in tiny doses. I have Vespertine for sale, check the ads forum if anyone is interested.

Beck? Please. i always laughed at that shit. I mean it was supposed to be funny, right? I couldn't get behind the cornball schtick. I heard a new Beck song at Starbucks and it was actually nice. Had a funky geetar.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    No contest. Bjork

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    beck...even if just for "tropicalia", "beer can" and "deborah"

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Wow. I wouldn't have guessed that so many people would hate on Beck but it kinda goes along with the MO of a certain set of Strutters who dislike lots of indy type artists who cross over into the starbucks set like Lauren Hill/Fugees or Mos Def. I always that there is a little self-hating going when I read these rants. I like Bjork a lot but Beck is IMO the most consistent and interesting artist out right now. Plus, he puts on a fucking kick ass live show to boot.

Latte to go? Have a nice day.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Wow. I wouldn't have guessed that so many people would hate on Beck but it kinda goes along with the MO of a certain set of Strutters who dislike lots of indy type artists who cross over into the starbucks set like Lauren Hill/Fugees or Mos Def. I always that there is a little self-hating going when I read these rants. I like Bjork a lot but Beck is IMO the most consistent and interesting artist out right now. Plus, he puts on a fucking kick ass live show to boot.

Latte to go? Have a nice day.

agreed, not many mainstream artists have done a decent job of addressing different styles from stuff like 'midnight vultures" to that mellow album sea changes to his pop friendly odelay. and i havent listened to the indie label albums either. he gets props over here.

• beck. i've only listened to mellow gold all the way through, but it's a pretty good album.

i can't fucking stand bjork's voice. and i've tried.