Beck or Bjork

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Beck...........peace....edpowers...........

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Your avatar is not dancing, you're fake.

J in Argentina

• Bjork...most original pop singer in the last, well, ever IMO....

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Beck gets the gasface purely for having the misconception that you can rock a party with 2 turntables and a microphone. Without a mixer it's gonna suck. I can't forgive him for that.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Beck... peace Mole

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    No contest. Bjork.. Both are kinda crazy tho...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Bjork...most original pop singer in the last, well, ever IMO....

Major cosign. I like Beck but Bjork is from another planet, and I want to move there.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    bjork for a myriad of reasons - sugar cubes, unique as fuck, crazy as a loon, cute as a button, dancer in the dark, goldie AND tricky - on and on. i don't always like her music, but i always like her persona.

beck - the music is whatever to me and i can't stand his soul man mimicry on stage. i think all the hype killed it for me too.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    why are they being compared?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    quirky-artsy-indie-to-majors-that-didn't-lose-indie-appeal-with-good-hair-and-clothes darlings?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    quirky-artsy-indie-to-majors-that-didn't-lose-indie-appeal-with-good-hair-and-clothes darlings?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    beck

i like how you have adopted the youngeinstein style of posting Ed

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

I was thinking more along the lines of style, production, vocal ability, presentation, genre...but that works for me!

• bj??rk, cause i never heard a beck album

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

Damn this is difficult to choose

Its almost a tie but I'll say Beck, when he's backed by the Dust Brothers, but Bjork has some crazy remixes...

BTW, anyone every hear ATCQ "Stressed Out" Bjork Remix.... Nothing crazy but shit was real cool.... Way better than the OG...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B00000055V001004/1/102-9330755-1923338 (Its the last one)

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Bjork, baby.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    personally... beck (early to 96ish only), but i've never gotten laid on his accord. or his honda accord.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    personally... beck (early to 96ish only), but i've gotten laid on his accord. or his honda accord.

Such a dope line:

I stepped to you with a fresh pack of gum / And somehow I knew that you wanted some, Oh yeah...

• awallawall 673 Posts
    have you guys listened to odelay recently? sans a couple tracks (i.e. the ones with the Them samples) shit makes me cringe.

dude needs to stay away from rap music.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Damn this is difficult to choose

Its almost a tie but I'll say Beck, when he's backed by the Dust Brothers, but Bjork has some crazy remixes...

BTW, anyone every hear ATCQ "Stressed Out" Bjork Remix.... Nothing crazy but shit was real cool.... Way better than the OG...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B00000055V001004/1/102-9330755-1923338 (Its the last one)

The real hiphop Bjork banger is the Dobie I miss you remix
    Bjork - I Miss You (Dobie Sunshine Mix Ft Rodney P) 1996

Its on Bjork's telegram

Ill say Bjork for her more expanded contribution althoug both are good

• I don't follow each enough to make a fair comparison but Beck's last album blew so... Bjork. Oh, and Army of Me is my joint. Checkout illerclothing.com for an ill mix Dj Goldenchyld did with Army of Me.

Beck's last four[/b] albums blew.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    ????you dont like Sea Change?????

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    bjork i guess.

Even though i used to like beck alot, Alot of his stuff hasnt aged very well.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    hackery

• bjork i guess.

Odelay is impossible to listen to in '05

naw man, but i did pick this 10" record a few months ago...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I couldn't possibly live with one leg, but before I die, I would seek revenge with that motherfucking shark.

Sorry, wrong thread.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    bjork i guess.

cosign

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts